Introduction (944)

Morning all,

My name is Blake, I'm on the Gold Coast and this is my first classic car and first Porsche and I'm pretty damn excited.

I've had the car for about a month now. '83 n/a model with no shortage of bits and pieces to do to it. Precisely the reason I bought this one. 99% of the work is planned to be done by myself/dad/brother. While I have near zero experience, I'm lucky enough to have a Dad who not only recognised the car immediately on first sight, the first comment was 'I can't wait to see it up on stands and we can start working on it'.

This is my daily driver. I had to convince the wife that it would be on the road more often than off the road... Will deal with that argument if (when?) it occurs. I think I can justify Uber costs in the build budget though, right? I'll just put it under consumables in the spreadsheet. It will be right next to the line item "I'm a dumbass" which is where all the costs will go for the items I touched but shouldn't have touched. Given this is the first car I'm working on, I suspect this will make up a large percentage of the build costs.

Plans for the car;

Suspension upgrade - The most important and highest priority for me.

Brake upgrade - Existing rotors are spent so why not update the system. 

Shifter upgrade - short shifter etc from only944.

Retrim dash/doors - Yes, I'm removing the "carbon fibre", you can all breathe a sigh of relief now!

Recarpet

Replace rear seats - Thanks to Jason for the rear script seats to match the front. 

Audio system - nothing crazy, just one that works well enough to drown out my singing.

Respray - While I like world rally blue, I prefer it on WRXs. Maybe some gold rims will fix my dilemma? :) 

Looking forward to seeing everyone around!

Blake

20200924_081043.jpg

20200924_081058.jpg

20200924_081152.jpg

20200924_081214.jpg

Looks like you have a solid starter Blake, and why consider driving a boring car when you can enjoy a Porsche as a daily, I wish I'd gotten onto them earlier.

Working on the car with your dad and brother will no doubt provide some great memories, post some pics of your progression when you can.

Welcome to the show Frosti

I'm trying to do most of the work myself as well, from a baseline of a complete noob. 

Keep an eye out for local Pcar drives fom Brizzy. One should be coming up very soon & may end up even getting down your way into the GC hinterland. 

Lots of knowledge here on the forum, just need to ask. 

Brian in Buddina