Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

2 sons and 2 cars , reverse direction around a Targa stage ; it's pretty rough and ready , a little "air time"

Vincentssaddle.jpg

Can you get your 911 on SI rego or does it need full rego because it is LHD?

Just curious....

Cheers

Over 30 years old = full rego , no problem. And anyway , it's a bit hard limiting yourself to 52 days a year with our beckoning roads!

OTOH SI requires an original car in excellent condition to meet regs. Thus modfied cars (? back/forward dated etc etc) might be knocked back.

But you could put on SI rego?
I have one of my old Mercs ('67 250S) on SI rego, but unfortunately do not drive it enough.... handles quite well for what it is  :P

My E320 will have to do for our twisty roads until the P car finds its way to me, and it does love them too!

overnight drive for work to Bathurst via the Bells Line of Fun, pity about all the road works, but the areas that are close to finished have some great grip. plus the obligatory (hot) laps around Mt Panorama well and truly made the trip worth it, now just to sit and wait for the invitations in the mail but they were so worth it  :wub:

Youngest daughter found herself a boyfriend 20km from our house......good for me, as I have to pick her up from his house.

How I love these roads  - long sweeping curves, not many potholes at the moment and absolutely no traffic at this time of night.

Took the 993 the other night in torrential rain.........ended up a little messed up in a roundabout.

So took the T tonight - dry and calm night - windows down, cool breeze blowing through the car and the sound of that flat 6 behind me...sat at close to the speed limit (after taking into consideration for speedometer inaccuracies, tail wind and police adjustment) and certainly felt solid on the road.   No wander, No wiggles, no over or understeer   ----   just absolute bliss on four wheels, two doors, and six pistons.

16889518126_e620f311c9_o.png

Heavy rain , drove the 924 into work. Good test for the heater-demister I refurbed some time back.

Paying for my haircut , we noticed two hipsters trying to push a Camry up a slight hill on a busy street in rush hour in slight rain. The lactate took over and they were cooked! The girl driver jumper out , shoved one out the way and started pushing , getting the car much further and outta trouble. Proof of the scientific evidence that testosterone levels have shifted away from the male of the species in the past 20 years. It was pretty funny actually.

As I was slowly running back to my car a huge flash of lightning and it bucketed. Needless to say i got soaked , but another good test of the demister as I drove home in and out of the eye of the storm.

Nearly at the top of the final hill I saw some white spots on the road. Literally within 300m it turned to marbles of hail ; on the last hairpin the car went obliquely towards the cable guardrail catching me quite unawares. Fortunately I wasn't in the 911,  and the little transaxle turd corrected when I lifted off and got me home where my other cars were getting pummelled by hard stones. her indoors had pulled a blanket over the 911s arse , the 944 was covered but the shark had to take it like a man.

hail_928.jpg

Unlike my son's Toyota 86 which has just had $3000 insurance repairs after the last hailstorm , the shark is unblemished. Tough skin , aluminium is pretty good like that. 

Unfortunately the 924 is also a tough nut , thus I will have to paint it myself after all...for a moment it was looking like an insurance job.

Best hail storm in 18 years up here , and the bollocks are still attached!

Hail.jpg

Heavy rain , drove the 924 into work. Good test for the heater-demister I refurbed some time back.

Paying for my haircut , we noticed two hipsters trying to push a Camry up a slight hill on a busy street in rush hour in slight rain. The lactate took over and they were cooked! The girl driver jumper out , shoved one out the way and started pushing , getting the car much further and outta trouble. Proof of the scientific evidence that testosterone levels have shifted away from the male of the species in the past 20 years. It was pretty funny actually.

As I was slowly running back to my car a huge flash of lightning and it bucketed. Needless to say i got soaked , but another good test of the demister as I drove home in and out of the eye of the storm.

Nearly at the top of the final hill I saw some white spots on the road. Literally within 300m it turned to marbles of hail ; on the last hairpin the car went obliquely towards the cable guardrail catching me quite unawares. Fortunately I wasn't in the 911,  and the little transaxle turd corrected when I lifted off and got me home where my other cars were getting pummelled by hard stones. her indoors had pulled a blanket over the 911s arse , the 944 was covered but the shark had to take it like a man.

hail_928.jpg

Unlike my son's Toyota 86 which has just had $3000 insurance repairs after the last hailstorm , the shark is unblemished. Tough skin , aluminium is pretty good like that. 

Unfortunately the 924 is also a tough nut , thus I will have to paint it myself after all...for a moment it was looking like an insurance job.

Hail.jpg

That is weird Tazzie, you live quite close to me and not even a hint of hail here!!?

Glad your cars survived ok :)

That is weird Tazzie, you live quite close to me and not even a hint of hail here!!?

Glad your cars survived ok :)

Look in today's paper  :) Yes it was somewhat "regional".

Our little dog was munching the stones like his dinner crunchies,  and then he peed on 'em. Don't eat yellow hailstones , lol.

Look in today's paper  :) Yes it was somewhat "regional".

Our little dog was munching the stones like his dinner crunchies,  and then he peed on 'em. Don't eat yellow hailstones , lol.

Ah, don't get paper but looked online. I do find it weird, yesterdays "storm" was about 15 minutes of heavy rain here followed but distant thunder. We have the rain now though, hope it clears for the weekend and the relay!!

Last time it hailed in Hobart, nothing here either, the extra few minutes away from the mountain help me thinks :)

Dogs will be dogs :)

hope it clears for the weekend and the relay!!

What time are you on? My son has to do a stint as well.

Last time it hailed in Hobart, nothing here either, the extra few minutes away from the mountain help me thinks  :)

We get the interface between the mountain and the sea , and the ground and the sky! A bit extreme or in Gen Y speak , Xtreme  ;)

What time are you on? My son has to do a stint as well.

We get the interface between the mountain and the sea , and the ground and the sky! A bit extreme or in Gen Y speak , Xtreme  ;)

I got roped into being team captain :blink:, so I will be there most of the time.... starting tomorrow at 8am (my fiancé is running the event!!) but my actual times are 4-5am and 9-10am. I aim to have a small sleep over midnight....ish

I lived on Eastern up until last year, living here is similar to there, far enough away from the big hill!!

Somehow the Friday planets aligned and I managed to attend a cancer support association fundraising lunch at Frogmore estate. I know , I should've taken the 911 . Well the vines escaped yesterday's hail it seems.

Frogmore_928.jpg

The really cool part of the day was dessert

dessert.jpg

Yes , I did try to stack a couple together,  but it was a serious occasion so I quickly got on with the devouring.