SOLD - AUSTRALIAN 1974 CONTINENTAL ORANGE TARGA

Period correct painted in a pure continental orange, but far from a purists preference as the widened hips and 7’s 8’s, on this 1st year (1974) G series gives a brief nod to the same year Carrera; so please, dilettantes need not apply.

But for the brave and few who don’t bleat about depreciation and import and conversion values  and who instead opt for value measured in litres consumed and mid drive corner chicanery.. Lets chat

Hunkered down and  got stance,  set as low as your hip flexors and legal likes. It’s not a queen, nor is it pretending , but if you got a hankering for a solid, clean, good driving 1st year G series....

Australian delivered.

Rotisserie  panel paint  2016 17.

3 L Installed. Purchased from ZAG, new head studs.

Matching numbers as original engine/case can be avail.

Brake system upgrade with later brakes (SC) and booster.

New wheels 16 x 7, 8’s.

New front seats fully reupholstered in correct vinyl,  Houndstooth insets. 

New by PM, dbl wrap re-leathered 3-spoke Porsche  sport wheel. 

New gearbox mounts.

New engine mounts.

New shift bushes 

Lots more little things done and always with a near 50 year  car, plenty for the next to play, tinker  and personalise. 

87k and an arm wrestle

001(9).jpg

001(10).jpg

001(14).jpg

001(37).JPG

001(81).JPG

001(59).JPG

001(57).JPG

001(58).JPG

001(65).JPG

001(72).JPG

001(82).JPG

001(48).JPG

001(78).JPG

001(84).JPG

001(41).JPG

001(46).JPG

001(79).JPG

001(76).JPG

001(88).JPG

Good luck with the sale....for someone not bothered by originality this car is great value. I wish I was smarter so I could earn more money & buy more cars.....ha ha.....I would love to have this in a fancy garage with a stacker, a fridge & a sofa. I'd spend the afternoons happily drinking beers & admiring my collection :) 

2 hours ago, MR901 said:

Good luck with the sale....for someone not bothered by originality this car is great value. I wish I was smarter so I could earn more money & buy more cars.....ha ha.....I would love to have this in a fancy garage with a stacker, a fridge & a sofa. I'd spend the afternoons happily drinking beers & admiring my collection :) 

only best admired , when washing the dirt off em , while  thinking about the next drive