The Porsche 924 wasn't born a Porsche. It became one. | Revelations with Jason Cammisa | Ep. 09

Sov

Yeah this made me want to buy a 924S lol.  The vw parts bin content was really interesting, didn’t know that.  Back when different cars were actually engineered differently.  Any 924 now would be a golf platform with a swoopy body.

However if the gearbox is just an Audi transaxle, then an s4 v8 swap / mid engine conversion is possible ?  Lol

But gee I hate the round reflectors on us market cars.  How to spoil the lines 

Thanks for posting. Really enjoyed watching that!

US market has a lot to answer for! Those round reflectors, ugly large rubber bumpers on the 914 and finally the huge bumperettes on G series 911's...

This vid made me appreciate front-engine porsches, i always didn't mind the shape.  They are now some of the last affordable sport cars of the era, heavily under-appreciated.

Wanting to research the differences between the 2.5 and the 3L now.

• 6 months later...
On 19/07/2021 at 22:51, Coastr said:

However if the gearbox is just an Audi transaxle,

Yes it is but guess who designed it for Audi??? Porsche

I think saying the car was going to be a VW is slightly incorrect as it was always a joint venture like the 914, and so was planned to be shared across both brands, not just VW only