VB RAW - Beer inspired 911?!?!

Kerry

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Looks like the same car is up for sale again.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/porsche-911-1978-14417776?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=7&eapi=2&__N=1246%201252%201247%201282%204294963765%204294963707%201216&num=15&silo=Stock&Range=Price%3a50000%2cMax%7e0.5&sort=%7ePrice

I think I like it more with the Martini Racing livery.

I am sure that the price does not represent the work done on the car.

'Want', or 'NOT Want'?

Is that the same Paul Begg of mambo clothing etc? I know he has always been into retro cars & bikes..............I actually dont mind the interior, it's when I scrolled down and saw the front & rear mods that I was less excited.

Theo, yes it does look like Lorbek's (could be a trade in for Amanda!)

Certainly polarised opinion when first had an airing...personally some cool details worked into it like door panels (leather) and don't mind its ass that much, though IMO overall the 'steam punk' aesthetics kinda fell short and the current livery seems a bit ...perhaps needs a bit more of this going on???

http://jalopnik.com/5752447/slammed-porsche-911t-on-ebay

Just to keep the polarity on edge... I actually really like the exterior, and even the seats and dash. Would have to rip out the hi-fi/speaker system though!

All said and done, I think its a really interesting "re-imagining" of the old theme, and the livery looks cool!

I'd actually be interested to go and have a (purely inquisitorial) snoop! Where is this?

Kerry

I like the idea, love the paint scheme, even like the alu seats.

But I hate all the stereo stuff in the back - is it stripped out racer for the road or is it pimp my ride? - and I really don't like 993 front guards that look like they've been sort of melted on.  

Don't think I'd ever but something like that. The thought of doing any repairs to the body scares me! Saying that , I actually love the concept and overall look.

I think it's at Lorbeks in sth Melb .

The interior would have gone much better with a stripped out, dechromed backdate look I think.

I don't hate the rear but the front is very unresolved.   The simple interior is messed up by the high-tech stereo.

Archived