Legal advice sought from those that know..

So..  Sticky situation.

A good person that I know is about to be put through the wringers by his long standing finance' of lets say, 12 years..  Naturally there are children, property, several cars, watches, assets and cash in bank involved.  He is in Melbourne as is totally lost in the whole situation and has no idea which way to turn.  He been blocked access to his PPR and I believe its about to get nasty quickly.

I have no idea of what advice to offer and am thinking that the width and breadth of this forum may throw up some ideas or legal and financial contacts.\

What yah got.!

TIA.

D.

1 minute ago, hugh said:

Has he got any Porsches that he may need to sell? 

That's the question hey..  What can he off load successfully, at a reduced price with a buy back option..  How far can you push the envelope.?

Not legal advice D but from what I’ve seen, he’ll lose 60% at a minimum if he goes to court without an agreement if the kids are under 18. Might be able to get away with hiding stuff around the margins (watches, maybe cars to an extent), but if she lawyers up he’s screwed. If they find out you tried to hide assets the judge may give the wife a higher percentage too. I’ll leave it to the family lawyers here but usually the best bet is to try and get the wife to agree to a 50/50 split, you aren’t going to do better than that on assets accrued during the relationship usually.

The only people you would sell to in this situation is family and even then…..

Mike Pacak did a deal with Gene Cunningham on the cheap for all his pinball stuff to hide it during the divorce. When he went to buy it back Gene told him a deal is a deal and f-off. That is how Gene ended up with all his pinball stuff, he basically ripped Pacak off who was trying to rip his ex off.

6 hours ago, WOKA said:

So..  Sticky situation.

A good person that I know is about to be put through the wringers by his long standing finance' of lets say, 12 years..  Naturally there are children, property, several cars, watches, assets and cash in bank involved.  He is in Melbourne as is totally lost in the whole situation and has no idea which way to turn.  He been blocked access to his PPR and I believe its about to get nasty quickly.

I have no idea of what advice to offer and am thinking that the width and breadth of this forum may throw up some ideas or legal and financial contacts.\

What yah got.!

TIA.

D.

If she's in any way amicable, If he can keep solicitors out of it for the most part Woka, could be the best. Sooner he chats with one the better though.

A shit of a time for all concerned, and all good advice I imagine, and thanks to those who have offered it, yet for the sake of anyone involved, please keep any and all legal matters via private messaging please.

Walls have ears, as do forums and social media. We don't want to jeopardise any outcome to any party if certain things are shared on this forum.

Mods 👍