Porsche price increases

sleazius

5 hours ago, Coastr said:

I’d buy a genesis- I think they look boss going down the road.   Hyundai/Kia are making good cars right now, and are smashing the Germans on price, reliability, warranty and have caught up on style.   

Also for the $100K for the GV70 (which includes the luxury pack by the way).  5 year warranty, 5 years servicing, 5 years road side assist 5 year map upgrades.  They also collect the car from you for servicing and leave a replacement vehicle for you to use.  Gosh my wife is putting forward a great case for the Genesis.  All I have in response is "but I really want the Macan GTS"

Wowsers 170k!  Seems very pricey to me.  Perhaps because I’ve never really understood the performance SUV appeal.  Too big and heavy to really enjoy a spirited drive.  Heavy on juice if you do.

I’d buy the Genesis for daily duty and use the Boxster for weekend sporty drives.  Happy wife, $70k in your pocket.  

Or could you buy a Macan used?  I bought 2018 X5 M50d (mainly for towing) fully loaded for about $50k off what the first owner paid (12m/10,000km old).  Let someone else take the initial depreciation hit and you get it now, not wait 18m for the pleasure.

Wife's onto her 2nd Macan S. Not sure if the GTS is worth the extra coin. Save 50k on the S. 

I've got a Alfa Stelvio QV - performance a league ahead of the Macan S. Light, nimble (for a SUV) - Razor sharp steering, exhaust note to die for. 

We fight for the keys of the Alfa. 

On 11/07/2022 at 21:32, DJM said:

Wowsers 170k!  Seems very pricey to me.  Perhaps because I’ve never really understood the performance SUV appeal.  Too big and heavy to really enjoy a spirited drive.  Heavy on juice if you do.

I’d buy the Genesis for daily duty and use the Boxster for weekend sporty drives.  Happy wife, $70k in your pocket.  

Or could you buy a Macan used?  I bought 2018 X5 M50d (mainly for towing) fully loaded for about $50k off what the first owner paid (12m/10,000km old).  Let someone else take the initial depreciation hit and you get it now, not wait 18m for the pleasure.

How is the x5 treating you?  Mine was pissing out oil at 5 years / 80k 

10 hours ago, Oldknees said:

Wife's onto her 2nd Macan S. Not sure if the GTS is worth the extra coin. Save 50k on the S. 

I've got a Alfa Stelvio QV - performance a league ahead of the Macan S. Light, nimble (for a SUV) - Razor sharp steering, exhaust note to die for. 

If your in Melbourne, the big  bonus with a QV is if you get bored with it,  take it to Coco eurotech and leave  the keys with them for a  couple of days and a  lazy additional  100 hp  and bags of extra torque for a few grand with a dyno sheet attached to the tax invoice.  

18 hours ago, Oldknees said:

Can you tow with it?

45 minutes ago, sleazius said:

This is interesting - Macan 2T (2022)

Stelvio 2T (2022)

Both were previously rated at 2.4T - did something change in the ADR I wonder.

Cheers, most of the fun/fast stuff doesn’t allow towing. Like nearly every fast wagon. 

On 12/07/2022 at 22:34, Coastr said:

How is the x5 treating you?  Mine was pissing out oil at 5 years / 80k 

I’ve had E53, E70, F15 X5 30d and now G05 M50d and all have been 100% hassle free, reliable, super economical.  My wife still has the F15 we bought new in 2014, it’s done 150,000 or so and no issues.  So much so she refuses to upgrade 🙄

Mine is coming up on 4 years, 85,000km.  Only problem I have had is the telematics unit has failed twice.  Meh, just an annoying message on the dash saying SOS comms not working.  Under warranty, been waiting on a part from Germany for 4 months, now expected to arrive in 2023 😂

5 hours ago, DJM said:

I’ve had E53, E70, F15 X5 30d and now G05 M50d and all have been 100% hassle free, reliable, super economical.  My wife still has the F15 we bought new in 2014, it’s done 150,000 or so and no issues.  So much so she refuses to upgrade 🙄

Mine is coming up on 4 years, 85,000km.  Only problem I have had is the telematics unit has failed twice.  Meh, just an annoying message on the dash saying SOS comms not working.  Under warranty, been waiting on a part from Germany for 4 months, now expected to arrive in 2023 😂

if exiting keep me in loop....need a diesel highway commute car ..

11 hours ago, mc968cs said:

if exiting keep me in loop....need a diesel highway commute car ..

No plans, there’s nothing I’d replace it with.

If history is anything to go by I’ll upgrade to the next X5 post their depreciation hit.  Hopefully they don’t switch to a 4cyl hybrid to replace diesel👎🏻