Help please - Sydney based builders / roofing tradies

Sorry for this post guys, but I'm getting desperate.....

I'm trustee of a deceased estate, one of the assets being a house in Malabar which one of the beneficiaries lives in.  There was some water damage to the property from the storms earlier in the year, the rectification of which is covered by insurance.

HOWEVER, the water ingress was caused by some previously unknown roof damage, which the insurance company requires to be fixed before they will proceed with the interior repairs.

Despite contacting a number of potential roofing tradies etc, we either can't get a quote from them, or they won't return calls or come and look at the job, and John Lyng who will do the interior repairs, seem to be uninterested or unable to do the initial repairs either.

Do any Forum members run a building company, or are tradies that would be able to help me out?  Money and payment for doing the job is not an issue, we'll pay, and pay immediately, I think I can even swing an upfront payment if that helps 🙂 

Anybody that could help, or if you have a mate that might be able to, please either PM me, or ring 0418 one three zero 375.  I can provide a copy of the report which details the repairs required.  Unfortunately a bid hard to try to organise stuff like this from Tassie....

thanks Peter

Hopefully you find someone. With housing coming off the boil it might become easier. Unfortunately a good portion of tradies fled NSW to QLD during Covid lockdowns so I know in my own business it is now much harder to get work done than it was 2 years ago.

Best of luck finding someone.

Maybe give Hi Pages a try (if haven't already) it's a trades finder that after you input what you need, interested tradies ring you.

Or try new builds / sub divisions with roofers on site. if they can't do it they might know someone.

9 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I'm trustee of a deceased estate, one of the assets being a house in Malabar which one of the beneficiaries lives in.  There was some water damage to the property from the storms earlier in the year, the rectification of which is covered by insurance.

HOWEVER, the water ingress was caused by some previously unknown roof damage, which the insurance company requires to be fixed before they will proceed with the interior repairs.

Despite contacting a number of potential roofing tradies etc, we either can't get a quote from them, or they won't return calls or come and look at the job, and John Lyng who will do the interior repairs, seem to be uninterested or unable to do the initial repairs either.

Do any Forum members run a building company, or are tradies that would be able to help me out?  Money and payment for doing the job is not an issue, we'll pay, and pay immediately, I think I can even swing an upfront payment if that helps 🙂 

Anybody that could help, or if you have a mate that might be able to, please either PM me, or ring 0418 one three zero 375.  I can provide a copy of the report which details the repairs required.  Unfortunately a bid hard to try to organise stuff like this from Tassie....

thanks Peter

Hi Peter,

Try this guy, Sydney based, names Dean, 0457 362428, tell him Greg Crisp gave you his number. 

Never pay up front Pete. Only a 5-10% deposit is all that's required. If they demand any more, I'd say you're getting @#$%ed. 

Being in the building maintenance/repair/reno game, especially these past 2 years, there's too many potential problems that can delay works from even commencing, let alone being completed on time.

We've experienced a lot of material and labour shortages (usually due to covid or soft cock employees with the sniffles), other trades delays, inclement weather etc etc.  From my own experience with who I contract to, many companies take on far too much work that they know they can't possibly complete on time by not having enough tradies employed, and that just annoys the hell out of the clients when timelines get pushed out. We have one reno job that started in December, yet due to someone biting off a lot more than they thought they could chew, material shortages and other contracted trades holding us up by weeks, not days, we have some very pissed off clients, as they paid up front as requested for an 8 to 12 week reno.

We are getting flogged at the moment (I see a lot of John Lyng work), and we need at least 5 to 10 trades just to help out, but everyone seems to be flat out and no trades available. 

Sorry to dribble on, but I'd say you will probably pay above what the job would normally cost, yet stress to whoever you get onto that it is urgent for the reasons you've mentioned 

On 01/08/2022 at 09:53, TwoHeadsTas said:

thanks Peter

Hi Peter, I may be able to help, if you haven’t found anybody yet? I live in Bronte,   15min from Malabar. If you want to send me the report glenterrybuilding@gmail.com

Glen