1966 912 or 356 "D" as some refer to them...

wasserkuhl

LOL wasserkuhl - you actually tell your mrs?

Mine just answers the door and signs for the parcels.

Then gives me a funny look. I also work from home so on the odd occasion I get to the door first she never knows.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gents try this ebay seller.

rorovaso - he has an early 911-912 wooden steering wheel - he has tried to sell it before - I found his details.

He is from mitcham in victoria. I've followed his stuff before.

Meh, it's not an original car  ^_^

Its a 912 so could simply install a Type 616 engine in it and flog the Flat six for decent money.

It looks like a nice car!!

Removed my Brake Master Cylinder as its leaking.

Now this SHOULD be the last job before my shakedown run with trade plates

This car has been for sale many times.

I'd not buy it as it's been messed with.

Hey but thats just me. If you bought it

you'd strip it back and make it a pure

912. Silly to rebadge it and call it 911.

This car has been for sale many times.

I'd not buy it as it's been messed with.

Hey but thats just me. If you bought it

you'd strip it back and make it a pure

912. Silly to rebadge it and call it 911.

Its a cheap way to get into an early 900 series car with a flat six. everything is the same except for the engine!!

It probably made sense years ago (like putting VW type 3 motors in them did).

If, for example this car is rust free(ish) then it would be a relatively simple task to return a type 616 back to its rump, change the badges back and jobs a good'un.

There is no way that this car could be registered in Sth Aust though.

It is an extremely cheap offering, I would seriously consider it if I didn't have an existing project!

The numbers make sesne, you could sell the Flat six for a touch more than it would cost to buy a 616 and have it shipped from the states/UK etc....

Just as long as it has no or very lttle rust!!!

I'd like the car (and I had a little bid) but decided that I better not chase it or my wife and daughter would see less of me, which with 3 cars already I reckon I might be taking the p*ss.

Its a good starting point of a car and is one I'd have chased if I didn't already have one to finish off.

Just took her for a drive and yes, tuning an engine stationary doesn't work. All of tomorrow will be driving and tuning with trade plates.

Will take pictures and upload.

So good to drive it though!

Left Hand Drive ROCKS!!!

I am tired. shower.RoastLamb.Wheelerdealers.sleep.

Update from driving.

After a road dyno tune she now drives and pulls like a champ!!

Closer we get to registration!!!

This thing is one of the most fun cars I have ever driven, the LHD thing makes it alot of fun.

The amount of people stopping and asking about the car was great, she has a charm of her own!!

So a big win today.

I have negotiated to have my Car inspected locally (<10kms from my home). Usually We in Sth Aust need to take LHD Cars to the evil place called Regency Park as The local regional Police stations didn't do what they call an Identity Check(check that the VIN and engine #'s aren't stolen basically).

So I would have had to take my Car some 80+ kms to Regency Park to have an Identity check done and then on to another location to have the car inspected for road worthiness.

Visited the local Police Station again today to see if this has changed and it has! So the local plods will do the Identity Check and then I can take it to a local workshop for an inspection.

Inspection is Booked for 2 weeks time.

ROCK ON.

And here she is after her first wash with me. Of course I have polished her and fettled her internals but this is after the first wash(always an important time in the relationship)

I like to think that I have converted her from :

Your Mums friend who has been married several times and "Men just don't understand her...."

To:

Your mates Mum who you secretly coveted when you were younger,

She is a sweetheart and I must say she does drive very well now. The steering is so Sublime, the Brakes you can feel and the engine sounds and smells like it should. When you get inside the interior feels and smells like a 1960's Porsche.

Seriously anyone who is scared of a LHD car needs to perservere as in an early Porsche, be it a 356 , 911 or 912 you will be converted. It only takes about 2-3 hours of driving and you are smitten.

My first drive of a LHD car was on the Nordschliefe. Rented MB C180 Kompressor. I had so much fun, My wife on the other hand asked to be let out after one lap......

I am in love.

NiceGirl_zpsc733b792.jpgNiceSIde_zpsae047ae0.jpgNiceWash_zpsa9b10071.jpg

Nice one fella, that looks sweet!

Maybe I can put your address down as my place of residence?!

I'm not looking forward to Regency next year!

No Probs man, but you need to get the car up here first. I wasn't that scared of regency just the drive down there(in case Something went aray on the way...)

After my regional inspection I will let you know if its easier or harder...

Archived