1966 912 or 356 "D" as some refer to them...

wasserkuhl

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet.

Totally agree on the LHD - I have 2 LHD cars and I now hate RHD cars.

The porsche is a joy to drive in LHD. My muscle car is a beast but fun.

A great way to scare cyclists on the beach road.

Inspection booked for Tuesday next week.

Just got my new dash cover in the mail as well, what an absolute piece of art! They have the material and speaker holes perfect!!

Just need my local trimmer to instal it for me in August. I love the smell of contact adhesive.

Also invested in a set of Solex Carb tools for setting float and accelerator pump quantities. Will let me see how much my road dyno and guessing works and how close or far off 'correct' I am.

Are you still looking for an early wooden steering wheel? 

Thanks Cal , however I am no longer interested in a Wood wheel.

*Update on Inspection*

Had to cancel inspection as I have received some bad news regarding one of my Parents Health.

Going to have to shelve cars for a while as I need to be available for support through this.

Thanks Guys.

Mum has been diagnosed with Cancer and needs daily treatment(s) So I need to help Dad out with travel (150km round trip everyday).

The car can wait for 5 weeks whilst this is going on.

Will try to update once I have got it on the road.

Sorry to hear Wasser, we just went through this with my best mate and brother in law (yes i married my best mates little sister, he wasnt happy). 

anyway we had a fairly positive outcome and I'm sure you will to.

All the best.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I have managed to find time within my busy schedule to have the car inspected.

It passed and is now fully registered and log-booked.

Shame its too wet to drive the old girl, or any old girl for that matter.

Bugger it, I am driving her to work tomorrow, the heaters and demisters work!!!

Ok, I have managed to find time within my busy schedule to have the car inspected.

It passed and is now fully registered and log-booked.

Shame its too wet to drive the old girl, or any old girl for that matter.

Bugger it, I am driving her to work tomorrow, the heaters and demisters work!!!

At last! It's got wipers and a demist for a reason. Too much invested in it to leave it to gather dust.

Enjoy the drive Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

I took this picture yesterday locally. Did a 200km round trip hunting for an Old 1951 GMC 3 ton truck.

Considering putting her up for sale before I get too attached to her(its already happened, truth be told)

If anyone is interested, give me a PM and I can provide all her details and what I have put right in the last 7 months.

P9140233_zps157b3949.jpg

Murf it came from Vic yes.

Its a different car now though. It was for sale at a shannons auction as well and got passed in, reasons for which I really can't fathom!

Anyway, being a 5 speed, 5 Gauge(green gauges), numbers matching, Porsche Bodied and sold new In Munich makes this car a very nice Keeper.

I have daily driven it now an done some longer journeys and it is astonishingly good to drive, the steering and handling are so delicate and natural.

I have started to drive my Carrera again so I can re-addicted to the power or I'll end up keeping this 912.

Archived