1966 912 or 356 "D" as some refer to them...

wasserkuhl

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering putting her up for sale before I get too attached to her(its already happened, truth be told)

If anyone is interested, give me a PM and I can provide all her details and what I have put right in the last 7 months.

Wish I did not read this... really. 

I would love this as a daily... my life would be complete  :rolleyes:

Wish I did not read this... really. 

I would love this as a daily... my life would be complete  :rolleyes:

Sorry, I really do have to move it on, but I am almost finished with it. Just got an original Blaupunkt Frankfurt for it and added an iphone/ipod adaptor, new dash cover in german vinyl and to top it off new Stanless Dash trim.

She's a sweetheart alright. And not too good to drive everyday.

Wasser - pic of dash trim please - i don't want to do mine I don't want the trim colour age difference.

Sorry, I really do have to move it on, but I am almost finished with it. Just got an original Blaupunkt Frankfurt for it and added an iphone/ipod adaptor, new dash cover in german vinyl and to top it off new Stanless Dash trim.

She's a sweetheart alright. And not too good to drive everyday.

Wasser - pic of dash trim please - i don't want to do mine I don't want the trim colour age difference.

Yeah, errm, I haven't yet installed the above items yet!

I will post up a picture , before and after if you like.

The stainless trim is exact, but new. The Dash cover is exact, but new.

^sound like me with my Speedster. It's really supposed to be on the market, but I just can't do it. I justify it by telling myself it doesn't cost very much to own. It's on historic rego at $185/year + a little in insurance. There, I just justified it again. :)

^sound like me with my Speedster. It's really supposed to be on the market, but I just can't do it. I justify it by telling myself it doesn't cost very much to own. It's on historic rego at $185/year + a little in insurance. There, I just justified it again. :)

Same, I get the guilts on and think that I should sell them. Of course everything is for sale. I make the mistake of driving them and that really puts me off selling them.

I didn't drive my 968 CS on purpose when it was for sale.

I had a ridiculously good offer for it earlier this year. I took the deposit and the bloke was collecting in Sunday morning. On the Saturday arvo I took it for one last drive. It broke my heart so much I refunded his deposit, paid for his flights and apologised profusely for wasting so much of his time. Just couldn't do it. 

I had a ridiculously good offer for it earlier this year. I took the deposit and the bloke was collecting in Sunday morning. On the Saturday arvo I took it for one last drive. It broke my heart so much I refunded his deposit, paid for his flights and apologised profusely for wasting so much of his time. Just couldn't do it. 

:lol: Gold!

LOL - i bought mine as a cheap run around replacing my honda - now i can't think of selling it.

I think my beloved fastback would be first out the door.

I feel your pain - especially when the value continues to rise.

Cal - an original speedster I can totally understand. I'd never part with one if I had one in my garage.

Well that ain't ever going to happen! My rep has only done 12000kms since construction and has the correct 356 motor. That combined with the fact that you are no longer allowed to either build them here or import them, kind of makes it fairly irreplaceable in it's own right. 

• 1 month later...

Wasser, you're an addict.  It's easier to admit it.  Now go and find that next fix.  

I am an addict. I have just converted my dysfunctional behaviours into functional and useful behaviours.

Already found several contenders to fill the gap in Der Wasserkuhl Karosserie

Archived