Thoughts on this car?

Anyone know of this car is SA or a member close enough to have a sticky??

Currently for sale at Richmond’s and was so also earlier this year, but failed to sell- not sure why?

Appreciate your thoughts and comments! I’m waiting further info form the salesman as well….

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1988-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-manual/OAG-AD-21328289

I don’t think this is the same as the one they listed a while back. 

This one is a regular 3.2 cab that someone welded widebody bits into. 

The other one they had was a factory widebody cab. It also just had a run through collecting cars auction site but got passed in. 

40 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

I don’t think this is the same as the one they listed a while back. 

This one is a regular 3.2 cab that someone welded widebody bits into. 

The other one they had was a factory widebody cab. It also just had a run through collecting cars auction site but got passed in. 

It’s not the same car that was for sale on Collecting Cars! This is the same car for sale at Richmond’s earlier this year, but didnt t sell! Apparently older owner changed his mind and pulled it, now decided to sell again?

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/11/2022 at 08:15, OBRUT said:

Ps. Failed to sell as its a cabreeolay - and the Australian market does not like/understand/value etc them. 

The other (factory widebody) car had a sub 100 reserve, 32 bids and still didn’t sell…

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1985-porsche-911-carrera-3-2-super-sport-cabriolet

Love to see one advertised on CS or here for sub-100k! I’d love a factory widebody cab. 

• 4 weeks later...

Still looking in the market and found this one.

1986 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Manual on carsales.com.au: https://carsales.com.au/_/details/SSE-AD-14191579

Love the car, colour, history, not sure on the price thou, compared to other recent sales, so next step would be getting it inspected?

I have spoken with the seller in Melb, I'm in NSW- very tempted if the price was right! Looks too good to be true??

Appreciate your thoughts and comments on this car 👍

Car looks great  @EMan and love the colour the low km’s always looks great but I’d say these cars are built to be driven and the lack of km’s doesn’t mean it won’t need money spending on it in the future. The price is a lot of money in a market that has probably stalled a little, if you love it try to haggle them down,you can but try. We have loads of great Porsche independents down here if the car needs anything I’m sure it would show in a ppi.

It’s a Porsche you’ll love it.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Nice car. 

The interior condition doesn't seem to reflect the claimed low 59K km IMO (seat bolsters and carpet are pretty shabby), 

Factory M491?  Doesn't appear to be if you go by the options sticker in the manual.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All!

Another interesting car that was for sale on Carsales but has been removed for the moment because it ain’t what was being advertised! The seller is trying to flog the car off as a wide body cabriolet, I have decoded the vin and it’s actually an 86 Targa, US delivered that is now been chopped into a cabriolet with non-matching engine and had a colour change as well!!!
Asking price was $180k 😂 yup really!!!

I’ll post the link back up soon to the advert, but I believe the car is worth sub 100k!! I just looked at one here yesterday in Sydney at the Porsche Concurs German Auto-fest and it was 70k, same chopped Targa, etc

What do you think it’s worth or should just I just stay clear?

Have spoken with other members also about this car also when the vin check was confirmed!

54C8B26E-CAA3-4DF4-A0F2-437BF8ACABA1.jpeg

F6583A49-ACF3-4DB1-8437-C47E24F7397D.jpeg

22 minutes ago, EMan said:

Hello All!

Another interesting car that was for sale on Carsales but has been removed for the moment because it ain’t what was being advertised! The seller is trying to flog the car off as a wide body cabriolet, I have decoded the vin and it’s actually an 86 Targa, US delivered that is now been chopped into a cabriolet with non-matching engine and had a colour change as well!!!

I’ll post the link back up soon to the advert, but I believe the car is worth sub 100k!! I just looked at one here yesterday in Sydney at the Porsche Concurs German Auto-fest and it was 70k, same chopped Targa, etc

What do you think it’s worth or should just clear? Have spoken with other members also about this car also when the vin check was confirmed!

Is the $70k unit advertised anywhere?

24 minutes ago, EMan said:

Hello All!

What do you think it’s worth or should just clear? Have spoken with other members also about this car also when the vin check was confirmed!

I would say if his asking price was $180K and you are sub $100K you're not going to find a happy medium on it . Move on I reckon find another mongrel .

8 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I would say if his asking price was $180K and you are sub $100K you're not going to find a happy medium on it . Move on I reckon find another mongrel .

180k I can buy a real M491 wide body Oz delivered Cabriolet!!! Not sure what this is worth??

14 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Is the $70k unit advertised anywhere?

1978 Porsche 911 SC Manual Convertible on Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1289319203?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=ios_VIP&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

1 hour ago, EMan said:

180k I can buy a real M491 wide body Oz delivered Cabriolet!!! Not sure what this is worth??

1978 Porsche 911 SC Manual Convertible on Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1289319203?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=ios_VIP&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

That red one has been available for a long time! What's it like in the flesh?

4 hours ago, EMan said:

Mate, people are asking ridiculous prices for junk, yet the experienced or diligent weed them out. I could ask $180k for my Hong Kong backdate coupe, yet would I get it? Of course not, but I could try!

You've already done your homework with the blue car, then posted a link to an Aussie delivered red car for less than half the money of the blue one, so that should be a guide as to what it's worth. Personally, I wouldn't bother with it