First Porsche 993 on Historic Registration in NSW!

lukejenner

This morning I registered my 19/93 built Porsche 993 Carrera 2 Auto on NSW Historic Registration.

Given this was done at 9:30am on the first business day of 2023 (the first year that early 993s became eligible) I'm fairly confident this would be the first one in NSW!

Rego is now $48 per annum and insurance dropped a bundle too!  I also have a 1970 911T on Historic Registration!

Luke

Edit:  I thought it was the first in Australia but as pointed out below in Victoria vehicles become eligible at 25 years!

Edited by lukejenner
Feedback from Member

6 hours ago, Dalai said:

And at least in Vic if you immediately put on club plates you don't need to pay Transfer fees or motor vehicle duty either! :)

It was already on full rego, so I didn’t have to pay these in NSW to transfer to Historic rego.

5 minutes ago, sus911 said:

Good stuff Luke.

I don't think I've seen any of your cars around?

I’m in Port.  993 is Midnight Blue that I used as a daily for 5 years.  1970 911T is Tangerine that only gets out rarely!

8 hours ago, Dalai said:

And at least in Vic if you immediately put on club plates you don't need to pay Transfer fees or motor vehicle duty either! :)

Are you saying in Victoria if you buy a car and put it on on club plates you don’t pay transfer fees or duty?  That’s amazing, could say tens of thousands on a Dino, RS etc!

3 hours ago, lukejenner said:

Are you saying in Victoria if you buy a car and put it on on club plates you don’t pay transfer fees or duty?  That’s amazing, could say tens of thousands on a Dino, RS etc!

Same as SA

11 hours ago, Dalai said:

Same in NSW ..

Buy from anywhere and put straight on to historic, and no stamp duty payable .. 

22 hours ago, Dalai said:

Winning with a stamp duty rate that goes up to 9%

14 hours ago, lukejenner said:

Yes that is correct 

1 hour ago, lukejenner said:

9% (for the portion over $150k) is absolutely insane.  gst + lct + duty!

Sadly it does not work that way in Vic @lukejenner . 

If your declared value of vehicle is over $150,000 then the Whole purchase amount is charged Stamp Duty at 9%..! 

Ie. Value $150,000 = Vic Stamp Duty $10,500. 

Value over $150,000. Eg Value $150,001 = Vic Stamp Duty $13,518

So, it has become a flat rate system, not progressive.