964 C2 at Shannon’s Auction

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2023 at 20:53, Mik001 said:

2hrs to go, up to 181k 

On 16/05/2023 at 21:59, hugh said:

As per my comment above, I’m not saying anything other than I agree with Shannon’s price range of 180-200k. I don’t see demand that strong at the moment to push this over 200k, happy to be proved wrong though. Nice car but it’s a softening market. 

Yep. 

I watched a lot of the sales action on this auction and Hugh is right. Prices for most things were way off. 
I was the highest bidder on the 964 but didn’t meet the reserve. I was ready to go higher but the Klms put me off the most. Plus I think this one is about to drop some big bills on me too. 

1 hour ago, Mik001 said:

I watched a lot of the sales action on this auction and Hugh is right. Prices for most things were way off. 
I was the highest bidder on the 964 but didn’t meet the reserve. I was ready to go higher but the Klms put me off the most. Plus I think this one is about to drop some big bills on me too. 

So your bid was 186k but that still wasn’t reserve? Did they give you the option to increase your offer? 

23 minutes ago, Mik001 said:

Shannon’s called me this morning and owner has accepted my 186k bid. So looks like I’ve got a little blue one coming 

Great result. I'd say that's fair buying for both parties. Well done.