964 C2 at Shannon’s Auction

9 hours ago, mrar said:

Hi Km's, around 6700 a year average, what are you wanting 23,000 after 30 yrs?

201,000 is pretty good I would of thought for a car of that vintage that has at least been driven.

Looks great, has a hole in the roof for the sun, so not for me, otherwise, yes!

I would think the estimated numbers quoted ($180-200k) will be passed, but that's me.

I’m thinking 220k plus 

1 hour ago, hugh said:

I'd be very surprised if someone pays over 200k for that car. Shannon's guided range is in-line with what I'd expect it to transact. 

Sorry, I had you going overs. 
Great colour and C2’s are fairly hard to find in any other hue than Guards. 
What’s your reasoning for the lower price  guide ? 

2 hours ago, Mik001 said:

Sorry, I had you going overs. 
Great colour and C2’s are fairly hard to find in any other hue than Guards. 
What’s your reasoning for the lower price  guide ? 

As per my comment above, I’m not saying anything other than I agree with Shannon’s price range of 180-200k. I don’t see demand that strong at the moment to push this over 200k, happy to be proved wrong though. Nice car but it’s a softening market. 

1 hour ago, Yeatesy said:

That one has been hanging around for a while now, started at 265k. 
Same with this one at Autohaus, which looks pretty good 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1991-porsche-911-carrera-2-964-manual/OAG-AD-21529642?pageSource=details

3 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

All I keep thinking when I see these prices is when I bought mine a few years back for 20% of that asking price, Ktec who did the PPI said it was a good one, neat and tight but most of the 964s they look at are flogged out and tired.  Perfect Singer fodder.  Since then they’ve become the next big thing but they can’t all be great cars, where’d all the shitters go… 🤷‍♂️

Would want to be a darn good one for quarter of a mil 🤑

17 minutes ago, DJM said:

All I keep thinking when I see these prices is when I bought mine a few years back for 20% of that asking price, Ktec who did the PPI said it was a good one, neat and tight but most of the 964s they look at are flogged out and tired.  Perfect Singer fodder.  Since then they’ve become the next big thing but they can’t all be great cars, where’d all the shitters go… 🤷‍♂️

Would want to be a darn good one for quarter of a mil 🤑

997 GT3 fodder ;)

9 hours ago, mrar said:

I don't think we had many delivered 964 c2 man here in Australia.

Shitter's might be rarer than gooden's

During the recession, GDP fell by 1.7 percent, employment by 3.4 percent and the unemployment rate rose to 10.8 percent. Like all recessions, it was a period of disruption and economic distress. It was particularly deep in Victoria, where a disproportionate share of the financial failure occurred.

Mine was a Johannesburg car, C2 manual.  Dirty import 😂from a RHD market, dry climate.  She was a good ‘un

14 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

Very limited comments for a car like that would make me want to ask a lot more questions.

Am I correct in assuming it might be a UK import with those bigger seat side bolsters.......I suppose they could've been optioned?

13 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

hmmmm....you made me look!

That pic in the garage next to the fezza looks to have different front indicator lenses and what appears to be a UK number plate?

You also made me look again, didn't notice there are two plate formats, Euro and Vic.......surely you would mention in your ad if it was recently imported :huh:

I also notice on the speedo you can see kmph & mph

3 hours ago, P-Kay said:

hmmmm....you made me look!

That pic in the garage next to the fezza looks to have different front indicator lenses and what appears to be a UK number plate?

Speedo in MPH, so an import. The guy is taking the piss with that pricing. 

The dealer trade plate suggests it wasn’t registered, I just checked the VIN on the VicRoads website and it’s still not. Also noticed the Gull Wing Motors number plate frame, so looked them up and they are in Vermont Victoria.