Anyone know these 930's?

So, don't tell my misses but I am considering dipping into the renovation finds (who needs a swimming pool this time of year) and going for a 930 over a 76 C3. Why, well to be honest I found the C3 I drove the other day a little lacking in power to what I thought would be under the right foot. Mind you I couldn't really get into it as it was raining, I was contending with Sydney streets and traffic, I had Scott in the car with me and we were only out for a quick run so I didn't have time to feel comfortable behind the wheel. I have another 76 C3 lined up to test drive on the weekend and will make a decision which way to go from there.

In the mean time, does anyone know either of these cars?

Black ones in SA and the Red ones in Vic. Both ads are lacking is detain, neither owner answered their phones or return the messages I left today. At least they look clean unlike many ads for cars online.

cp4649177531662769587.jpghttp://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/porsche-930-1981-14647307

cp5689002378665334248.jpghttp://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/porsche-930-1982-14382676

Any feedback (whether you know the cars or just from the ad or 930's in general) is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

I have no doubt it was the driver (me) not the car.

I thought the black one looked good too except for the rims. Would put original ones on it.

They were the best looking original 930s I could find on carsales today.

Can't offer much going by the Ad's other than I put more detail into the Ad for the Hilux I just sold for $1500! Holy smokes Batman crap work!

+1 on the Red car. The Black car would look 11ty better with stock wheels back on it.

Do we think the silver one has a busted handbrake?

I love red impact bumper cars, and turbo-fying it just makes it better all round.

The black ones wheels are barf-worthy.  I can't imagine doing that to a fantastic car and stepping back and saying 'oh, now that is soo much better'

According to the current owner of the black one (owned it for 15 months) it's an import from the UK, comes with no history, service wise or any other. It's paintwork looks 30years old up close and that was about all he could tell me.

Still no return call about the red one.

For those that don't know, the silver car is mine.

The brick is just for safety to reverse back up the hill.

Nothing wrong with my hand brake.  :)

Was thinking, i would take the silver one!

great looking car vas

Thanks, mate.

That's the way I like them, Bad.

The car looks original inside and out.

Even the engine looks stock from the outside.

All the mods are inside apart from the exhaust sytem and IC.

A stock looking 930 that goes like a rocket, a nice combo I think.

I love this car.

Looking at 930 prices and the cost of getting one I would want, I came up with a few facts.

If I was to buy a stock 930 for $70k it would cost me another $70k to end up with what I have now.

Body and paint, engine, suspension, gearbox and all the other parts.

Crazy ?

Yep.  :lol:

I just saw a white one in the window at PCB. Doesn't seem to be advertised on carsales so may be worth a phone call whoever is interested.

Vas, your car is my favourite on the forum. Just love it.

I just saw a white one in the window at PCB. Doesn't seem to be advertised on carsales so may be worth a phone call whoever is interested.

Vas, your car is my favourite on the forum. Just love it.

+1 she is a stunner Vas...I'll put my hand up for first dibs if you ever let someone else continue the journey with her :)

Archived