997 GT3 wheels and DUCATI Motorcycles STOLEN

I cringe at this and I’m sorry to hear of the theft. It’s one thing to have a daily or nice run of the mill car stolen but rare cars bikes or parts is not the same. Hard to replace if at all. 

To think it’s so well orchestrated is a worry- I’m very protective on my items with any trades coming and going, neighbours, folk driving by etc but if things were to be stolen you’re happy for them to take if firstly no one is hurt or put in fear, and insurance coverage is sufficient (despite items not being able to be replaced due to being so rare) it ruins the hobby- you wish that they would just steal run of the mill stuff if they have to. 

I’ll keep an ear out. Some of this stuff is like an unsolved murder- you hope that these items surface one day and no just disappear with no conclusion- it’s worth more in sentimental value and the thief’s don’t give two shits for anything more than a quick buck. 

50 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Sadly this sounds very much like it was targeted. Scumbags likely already had a buyer lined up before they did the job. Here’s hoping they get caught.

Sounds like it. Also how you worded that sounds like a car dealer- getting a deal done before they’ve got the car! 

14 hours ago, luzzo said:

It certainly feels like a targeted strike - someone knew they were there. No other adjoining garages were broken into.  Sadly, I have been through every scenario as to who/how etc, but come up with nothing. 

🤯

Luz that's a hard to come by collection, well sought and hard earned. They are rare enough and too distinctive, It's a pro job. If they were taken in one pinch, stealing those is  physically tough to do with time, noise and van/truck logistics. No matter who had the info or who/how it was passed onto etc down the line, that'd be hard to crack. The cops will just sit and wait for them to possibly turn up or stumble over them while pinching some crook for something else. If it were me I'd by paying whatever it takes for an investigator to incessantly and thoroughly doorknock all surrounding properties up n down the street etc  to get some video footage. Just need a bit of luck and a clue of a distinctive vehicle, hire vehicle, rego plate etc etc to get on the trail. Good luck mate.

I've let the manager know at our motor museum too.  He is a bike guy with some rare stuff, so I let him know in case he hears anything, and also whether there is a "new" collector wanting to display in the museum (yes, I suspect someone could be so bold, or it could be an unknowing purchaser)

5 hours ago, sleazius said:

Sadly this sounds very much like it was targeted. Scumbags likely already had a buyer lined up before they did the job. Here’s hoping they get caught.

Be on a container on a boat by now, Sounds like they were pro's as stated Sorry Mate

• 2 weeks later...

@luzzo There was a bust of 2 foreigners charged with stealing high end goods in Victoria recently.

Was in the news this morning. Apparently a container load of goods were found valued at $2m.

Might want to contact the Police just in case.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/burglaries-melbourne-pair-accused-of-stealing-2-million-of-property-across-60-melbourne-burglaries/88c49def-7fed-421d-8def-96d326b798f3