Exhaust / Muffler Advice

Doish13

Harvs I've read in a few places that unless your OEM jobs are shagged replacing them is not going to gain you all that more.

Now if they are shagged one of our PFA guys was selling an immaculate set relatively cheap twenty. Just my input based on loads of threads on Rennlist.

Did you get a muffler?

Not yet, D.  Still shopping.

If any Melbourne PFA'ers have an SC or 3.2 with a Fabspeed, M&K or Monty exhaust, I'd love to meet up and compare notes.

pm to catch up, the coffees are on me  :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, now i understand..

At the rate my kids eat,wear out clothes.shoes and generally break stuff! i won't be getting SSI's any time soon:(  too early in my relationship with the car for those kind of changes....

At the rate my kids eat,wear out clothes.shoes and generally break stuff! 

Here is one solution for yourself , not the poor starving kiddies : Eat less , buy less clothes & shoes and learn to fix stiff. You'd be amazed at how quickly your secret money tin fills up  :) Or read "One red paperclip"

I haven't seen a tradesman at my place for...can't remember. Last mechanic visit? Hmmm. Not sure. 

Not yet, D.  Still shopping.

If any Melbourne PFA'ers have an SC or 3.2 with a Fabspeed, M&K or Monty exhaust, I'd love to meet up and compare notes.

pm to catch up, the coffees are on me   :)

Harv,

Interested to hear how you go with the research, as something I am considering.

Mike

I've done the research - look up best 911 sc mufflers on Rennlist, google etc oo type in best muffler brand vs brand (you choose) and see the results.

Now there is a couple of guys on the forum from Melbourne with one I just cannot remember who.

I almost went the 80 tip Dansk. Tey do also sound good both this and the smaller tip.

I am almost certain MB911 is the original M&K..300 bucks hurt reading.

At the end if your going for performance research away however do t expect much. Going for sound- each to their own. Try and hear as many as possible. Monty down your way Harvs is supposed to be great however was out of my price range which was a shame.

The guy who made them for 100s of years decided to retire and sell the business to the highest bidder. Who happen to make the original HEs and are based in Europe. Much to the chagrin of those who have to pay O/S postage rates on heavy objects. SSIs always held their value because they don't really age , and because they are currently unobtainium. And because they are a relative cheap way to improve pre-electronic 911s once you have thrown out heavy stuff like aircon and the holes in keyrings. 

I've got some SSI's on order for SC's and 3.2's, I expect they'll be leaving Europe towards the end of next week, and then around 4 weeks in transit to Sydney.

I've got some SSI's on order for SC's and 3.2's, I expect they'll be leaving Europe towards the end of next week, and then around 4 weeks in transit to Sydney.

Hey James,

What will the 3.2's ones cost?...

Archived