Exhaust / Muffler Advice

Doish13

Hugh.....I think Spence mentioned that you have an M&K on yours? Hearing yours while following you down the back of Lake Mountain last year was amazing!

Worth every penny!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, Peter Starr is the best in the business for manufacturing exhaust systems. He built a system for my 930 and the sound is amazing with major power improvement. Peter's mobile No: 0408 363 339 

Originally I had a large tip welded onto the OEM muffler which sounded ok on idle and so so under load. This one due to the weather has not been out apart from revving it up to my neighbors delight in my garage.... To answer yiur question - thicker gauge SS and less baffells?

Originally I had a large tip welded onto the OEM muffler which sounded ok on idle and so so under load. This one due to the weather has not been out apart from revving it up to my neighbors delight in my garage.... To answer yiur question - thicker gauge SS and less baffells?

So size doesn't matter?  :P

Nice one Doish13 and timely for me - I have been very slack in 911 project work of late and spending money elsewhere (house and bikes)  Now my procrastination has punished me with a falling AUD.

Seeing as you have done all the leg work - what is the best way to purchase?  From M&K direct by the sounds of your thread...can I ask approx. $$ (pm if preffered)  Cat delete option?

No probs mate happy to help.

My exhaust was 650 ish plus 80 ish P&P to be mailed to my office in a week. If you are talking Boxter I think the options there are lower in price... I think!

I suggest call Brien at M&K and have a chat. Customer service is as good as the finish on the product. He even emailed me last week I see how I went putting it on with some tips etc. if you go down this track let me know how you go.

Today I had an email chat with Brian at M&K about a package deal for my SC. He told me that SSI headers are not available. Dansk has sold all their stock and there is no word on when they might be making more.

Any recommendations for headers with a heat exchanger? I've looked at all sorts of exhaust systems but would like to know what others have fitted.

My SSIs were around $1150 excl postage and before the $ dropped. Now they're worth at least $2000 used  :)

I read a lot about the "SSI" legend and being still a novice to the 911 world can I ask what is all the fuss about and why have they shot up in price?

Please forgive my ignorance :huh:

Harvs I've read in a few places that unless your OEM jobs are shagged replacing them is not going to gain you all that more.

Now if they are shagged one of our PFA guys was selling an immaculate set relatively cheap twenty. Just my input based on loads of threads on Rennlist.

Did you get a muffler?

I read a lot about the "SSI" legend and being still a novice to the 911 world can I ask what is all the fuss about and why have they shot up in price?

Please forgive my ignorance :huh:

The guy who made them for 100s of years decided to retire and sell the business to the highest bidder. Who happen to make the original HEs and are based in Europe. Much to the chagrin of those who have to pay O/S postage rates on heavy objects. SSIs always held their value because they don't really age , and because they are currently unobtainium. And because they are a relative cheap way to improve pre-electronic 911s once you have thrown out heavy stuff like aircon and the holes in keyrings. 

Archived