New to the forum? Start here...

Welcome Shaph, nice couple of cars in your stable. Maybe the 930 a bit further down the track.

Nice low k's on your 996, and sounds like you did well in the negotiations side of it.

Hopefully see you at one of our world famous Melbourne chapter coffee catch ups or even better an SMT. (Sunday morning Targa)

Regards,

Niko

Hi everyone, just joined the forum today! Bought my first porsche close to a week ago! Fell in love with a 911 996 Carrera in white of course. Awesome car, nothing I have ever drove comes close to the experience of a porsche. Im 21 years of age, so i'm fairly young, and i'm a cautious probationary driver! Im on here to learn new things and to gain some knowledge about these beautiful cars!

375095_10151415941000418_1778904243_n.jp

Hi everyone, just joined the forum today! Bought my first porsche close to a week ago! Fell in love with a 911 996 Carrera in white of course. Awesome car, nothing I have ever drove comes close to the experience of a porsche. Im 21 years of age, so i'm fairly young, and i'm a cautious probationary driver! Im on here to learn new things and to gain some knowledge about these beautiful cars!

375095_10151415941000418_1778904243_n.jp

Good to see you here Matt. Go a couple of young blokes here and a few crusty old bastards also!!!

For those of you who may not know, Matt and his family are friends of ours and it was good to see him go down this path.

I reckon his dad will occasionally try and steal the keys from under his nose!

I saw the car the night he picked it up and it is very nice indeed. Great condition and service history.

Another example of how under priced the 996s are.

Look forward to catching up for a drive Matt.

Hi Everyone im new here and new to owning a Porsche  ive jsut picked up a 1986 944  its in amazing condition body is perfect interior is fairly good it has 156000 kms 5spd man.  only problem is it hasnt been started for 6 years and i need to spend some $ on it to make sure everything is fine i need a new vacume lume or system as all the hoses are brittle.  is there anything else i should just replace or do would much appreciate some knowledge and help 

thanks jack

Hi Nitro and welcome.

You will need to replace the belts as if they fail you will break your motor. That needs to be done every 3-8 years depending on who you talk to. While you are in there you should also do water pump.

Lindsey racing has a vacuum kit that has all the stuff you need to replace vacuum hoses and get them sorted.

Once you are on top of the maintenance the cars are very reliable and soooo much fun

Now next thing is post pics lol lets see this beauty

peace

Cyberpunky

thanks cyberpunky appreciate any knowlege ican get this 944 has been in my family since new and i managed to talk my father into seling it to me as its just been collecting dust hehe.

unsure on how to post pics 

Jack I should also mention that you shouldn't start your car till you get belts done because if they let go you will do a lot of expensive damage to the motor. Clarks garage is a great resource for our cars (google it) as is rennlist, although those bloody yanks can't help themselves and always modify everything lol and that can be contagious(you have been warned ;))

I post my pics to FB, then right click and copy image location, and then when posting here you click the image button and paste the URL. You can use picassa or any other image hosting site. This means you can have a much larger pic in your post.

Is your car seal gray ? Gray looks great on our cars and shows off the curves nicely. Pauly has one in that colour too(or one close to that) but his is a 952(RHD 944 Turbo) like mine. Anyway feel free to ask anything you like as we have a bunch of ppl here who know the cars

peace

Yeah they are p plate prohibited. I can't drive mine either. However I tell the police it's my work car. That seems to work fine.

Thats my plan too, although so far its been more a weekend driver.. would you say you display rear p plates? Im trying to attract the least attention to the car! Minimising my chances of getting pulled over, with the old.. "woops it fell off the window trick" if worst came to worst. The way I see it, if your going to buy something you love, your not going to abuse it! Fingers crossed! 

Def wont start it until everything is done cant wait to drive! Not sure if its seal grey. going to order belts , vacume kit, master cylinder tomorrow. I dont use facebook so ill try figure out how to get larger pics up might turn qaulity down on my camera try and keep them under 500kb . Also i ran the vin number and it says its an s2 surley this cant be possible .. do you no any good decoders or how to decode them

Def wont start it until everything is done cant wait to drive! Not sure if its seal grey. going to order belts , vacume kit, master cylinder tomorrow. I dont use facebook so ill try figure out how to get larger pics up might turn qaulity down on my camera try and keep them under 500kb . Also i ran the vin number and it says its an s2 surley this cant be possible .. do you no any good decoders or how to decode them

You can use picassa, photobucket, or any online photo site. I just use FB cause I already put all my other photos there anyway. Point is that loading to image hosting site means you do not have size restriction and every one can see pics in all there glory

Thats my plan too, although so far its been more a weekend driver.. would you say you display rear p plates? Im trying to attract the least attention to the car! Minimising my chances of getting pulled over, with the old.. "woops it fell off the window trick" if worst came to worst. The way I see it, if your going to buy something you love, your not going to abuse it! Fingers crossed!

Yeah I display P Plates, I've been pulled over three times and simply told to 'have a great day' no issues. They just ask why I'm driving I just look at the clock and say finished up 15mins ago. Job done. If they need to call my boss. I'm sure my dad will back me up. Or just call a mate and ask him to pretend to be your boss. I drive it three days a week Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It only has 65K on the clock so I don't want to touch the 100 for sometime.

Agreed ha! I wouldn't call it illegal though! The car is registered under a working abn, and it is a company vehicle therefore I am allowed to drive the car in the course of my job :)

As long as you can prove you need a Porsche for work, that's fine.

so working on my 944 today have discoverd it has no pressure inbrake lins pedal goes flat to the floor .... it has new discs and pads well 6 years old with less then 1000km on them mastercylinder doesnt look like its been leaking wat could the problem be ??