New to the forum? Start here...

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Greg I'm no 'tail' expert...and many models came sans tail. The first model with been the 73 rs. Most years since ( where are the tail anoraks) have had a model with and without. While Not quite answering your question link http://www.adelgigs.com/911p-tails.shtml

Cheers Michel

G'day All,

My name is Antony and I have a 1980 911SC that I have owned for around 5 years now. Currently living in Canberra, but moving back to Newcastle at Xmas.

Probably like all of you I have been a Porsche fan since being a little kid. Absolutely love the SC which is pretty much original except for some minor things like a Protipo wheel, 7" & 8" Fuchs, front strut brace etc. Hoping to do a bit of work on her later this year and into next year if things go according to plan.

Looking forward to meeting the Newcastle folks once I get settled and getting out for a few weekend blasts.

Cheers

Hi ya Michel,

Yep, only just found out late last week. Posted back to RAAF Base Williamtown, but the boys will be staying in CNB so I will be coming back regularly. I will just have to coordinate my weekend trips with the Saturday morning coffee and fang! :)

Gday all,

Steve is my name, I live in country Vic and finally after 47 years am the proud proud owner of a 99 911 996 Cabriolet. As you can see by the pic it is ocean blue with camel leather interior. I would suggest it took me about 5 secs to fall in love after my first drive.  A number of people have asked me if I am going through a mid life crisis, I would suggest it has taken me 47 years to be smart enough to save enough money to own 1!!! Anyway I am looking forward to reading through the posts and chatting with you all.

Cheers Steve.

PS. 2 days after I bought the car home the roof stopped working, where would be the most appropriate place to post a thread about this??

Welcome to the forum Steve.

Congrats on the car, we all know how you feel with your first Porsche.

You can post about the roof in the Water Cooled section within the tech part of the forum.

Good luck. :)

espskk, on 01 May 2013 - 08:49, said:

Gday all,

Steve is my name, I live in country Vic and finally after 47 years am the proud proud owner of a 99 911 996 Cabriolet. A number of people have asked me if I am going through a mid life crisis, I would suggest it has taken me 47 years to be smart enough to save enough money to own 1!!!

Cheers Steve.

Welcome Steve, re the midlife crisis....I'm still having them.

Who cares, you've got a porker.... and they haven't.

That what it boils down too.

Enjoy that car, hopefully see you on a Vic run or coffee catch up somewhere along the way

Hi Recent Porsche Fan,

You are correct, that's a 964 body that was found on post 89 model 911's. Hard to say what's its worth, I'd say lesser than an original 86 carrera - do some homework on their values for similar condition and work backwards. I'd say something with a 3 in front.

Good luck!

I get the mid life crises daily and readily say yes after working for so many years I've decided to buy myself an excessive toy - what have you got to show. I bought mine a few months after the birth of my kids to further reinforce the impractical nature of my purchase.

I also believe its less prevalent this comment with an older car than say you guys and gals in the post 996 generations an Boxters. I have heard my wife describe it to her friends as an "enthusiast car" due to the age of mine and believe me, if I could grow a moustache without looking like a member of some radical army soldier guy I would.

• 2 weeks later...