New to the forum? Start here...

Guest Nick987

Yeah, thanks Harry, just in it for the lulz

Great bunch of folks here, good times. Some of us go on drives together and stuff (Check out the SMT section - Sunday Morning Targa) Lots of fun.

Be great to see a classic like yours along!

Cheers

Guest Nick987

Bit early for a 'Bromance' methinks Amanda, besides, Harry may not feel comfortable with such things...

I DO like his avatar!

I keep thinking he is going to ask me if I'm feeling lucky...well do I, PUNK?

See?

(Sorry Harry, cheezy I know).

Guest Nick987

Well good job anyways

I should add there are alot of people here that are great contributors, really frindly and approachable, know their stuff and also are very knowlegeable and doing the yards also. This place wouldn't be what it is without everyone contributing and having a passion that is obvious to see.

I have only been here a short while, some folks been here for years. That is committed!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I dont know how write my first post but ill try. (Shoot me down in flames if you like but finish reading first please).

My love affair with cars started as a young teen with the World Cars book of 1978. I fell in love with the Ferrari Boxer and the 308 GTS. My world was consumed with the Ferrari brand.

As much as i admired Ferrari i disliked Porsches. I dismissed them as evolved VWs calling them varandahs or porches.

Growing up Porsche was the dark side and McLaren the arch enemy. I was not normaly a brand hater, or hater for that matter but Porsche was the pits.

Ferrari had to beat Porsche in every magazine review or i wasnt happy.

Then as i grew older something changed, i started to see the light. I liked porsche more and more. I am now a Porsche fan and love what the company is putting out.

I still have a soft spot for Ferrari (mostly the older models) but as far as the new cars go i now prefer Porsche. I do plan on owning a Porsche Boxter or Cayman in the near future.

Cheers,

Vas

Hi Vas...that sounded like a bit of a confession?

Welcome aboard! I don't know that anyone on the Forum actively bags other marques, however, it is called the Porsche Forum for a reason! I think that we celebrate anyone who has a passion for their vehicle, no matter the make.

Cheers.

David.

Yeah, ditto!

If the truth be known, when the 40th rolled around, and I started looking at getting an older car, just for the fun factor, not to mention my first manual car (!!! - now theres an ADMISSION!!!), I was intent on an old Ferrari as well. It all came down to what I could "fit" into, heigh-wise, not width-wise, and and as such I was looking at the first of the Ferrari and Lambo GT lineage - 365s, 400s, 412s, Espada...

I friend who has a vast known of these vintages of cars told me "if you want to track a car, as well as use it for Sunday drives, and unless you have a very fat wallet, or are a mechanic, stay totally away from anything Italian, just do yourself a favour, and get an early 911!".

A love affair was born, and the rest, as they say, is history!

Kerry

Thx Toto,

I want something reasonably reliable (for a sports car), I know someone with a Ferrari Dino and it needs lots of attention. Love the look but i couldnt live with the quirks, i have enough quirks on me dont need too many on a car.

Are the new Porsches still made in Germany?

hehe, Not in my book, when something is made in a country it should be made from start to finnish, the car is not made until its done and ready.

The parts are made in Germany should be more like it.

Im not having a go, im just trying to get to the bottom of it all.

I still want to buy one.

hehe, Not in my book, when something is made in a country it should be made from start to finnish, the car is not made until its done and ready.

The parts are made in Germany should be more like it.

Im not having a go, im just trying to get to the bottom of it all.

I still want to buy one.

Not too many people I know named Vas and one other that I knew of also regularly used "hehe" in his posts!!!!

Talk about coincidence.