New to the forum? Start here...

Guest Nick987

Some great bends and hairpins perfectly suited to a Porka. The limits about 60 through the twisties, but the bends are signed at 20-25!!!!!!!!!

The forest rd up Donna Buang is posted at 100kmh!! I couldn't believe it! You'd need to be Walter Rohl to take that road at that pace!

Can't wait to blast up there again...

Welcome aboard Nick.

Boxster looks great.

I have had a car knicked from a parking spot before, my first thought was 'I am sure this is where I parked the car' and then it dawns on you :(

What is it with Boxsters and Nicks/Nikos???

Guest Nick987

Steady there, Nick...some of us petrolheads are pedalheads too y'know!

Yep same! Am a cyclist myself. And was torn whether I should post that but couldn't hold back when the moment of truth arrived, thought (hoped) it would be taken as a bit cheeky and in jest...

Hope I didnt put anyone's handlebars out of whack...

Guest Nick987

Welcome aboard Nick.

Boxster looks great.

I have had a car knicked from a parking spot before, my first thought was 'I am sure this is where I parked the car' and then it dawns on you :(

What is it with Boxsters and Nicks/Nikos???

Thanks Douglas, that is exactly how I felt. I walked up and down the street 2 or 3 times looking and hoping I had a brain shunt and just forgot where I had parked but knew all along in the pit of my guts that she was gone...

Are there a few nicks with boxsters here?

Yep same! Am a cyclist myself. And was torn whether I should post that but couldn't hold back when the moment of truth arrived, thought (hoped) it would be taken as a bit cheeky and in jest...

Hope I didnt put anyone's handlebars out of whack...

No harm no foul.

Life is way too short to get your knickers in a wad about an internet forum post.

Drop me a line when you are ready to talk about suspension upgrades for your 987.

James

Well we have all read lots of posts from Nick now.

Not sure what he does for a living,

- maybe a night club owner, as he seems to post at all hours of the day,

- or maybe an auto journalist, from the number of NEWS items he posts.

I hope he doesn't burn himself out...but keep posting away Nick, you seem to have livened things up a bit.

Doug

Guest Nick987

Thanks Doug.

Neither a nightclub owner (although would love to stand midstream in rivers of cash flowing into my accounts and have to do nothing for it) and not a journo (would hate to have to be told what to write for someone with no clue and to be paid by the word only to have some other fool rewrite what I wrote and publish it under my name)...

More interested to read through the vast amounts you folks have been beavering away here than the reading I usually do.

And I really, really love driving my car well, and am guessing you folks do too. And when I am not driving or can't drive, reading about it, watching others do it and finding out more about it is the 'methadone' to my driving 'habit'.

I honestly have a love of all things Porsche and stumbling across this little oasis, I must say, has opened my eyes and has given my mood a lift, judging by the views my posts have been generating, i am hoping the feeling is mutual.

And it gives me something more interesting to do than the usual vices.

I have come across some stuff in my travels that I can't find here and feel should be included, for interest, amusement , education or general knowledge so I post it up in the hopes others feel the same way. I am interested in the direction the P company is taking and really hope the magic isn't diluted in the name of unit sales by those wacky VAG boys. Hence my interest (displeasure?) at some of the more consumer driven vehicles coming down the development pipe like the Pajun, Macan etc. (with all respect Theo, and I understand where you are coming from, I really do, a Porsche station wagon? Seriously? C'mon, this isn't Mercedes we are talking about [in the voice of Sigfried from Get Smart] "...Shtarker! This is CHAOS! We don't 'wagon' here!")

Sometimes I have a long intense day at work and this is a great way to unwind (like today). And sometimes I simply enjoy the odd night owl moments of life. Like now!

Sometimes I just read and hunt around the interwebz for hours. If I like something, I like sharing it in case someone else likes it and has missed it.

Oh, and I do enjoy writing and don't get to do much of the creative stuff so this has been a little bit of fun for me. And if I can make someone smile or laugh or forget their woes for a few minutes or make them think about something new and interesting with what I post, well, that is all the motivation I need right there...

You have all been really welcoming and supportive which is encouraging, and I am waiting patiently for a SMT and maybe meet a few of you in person.

Speaking of SMT...?

Your timing is spot on as was just about to send you a post asking if you sleep hanging up side down during the waking hours.

In all seriousness my ritual for the past few weeks has been to plonk on the couch, crack open a beer and see what you have posted on my iPad. Infect; I blame you for my wife accusing me of spending all night on the iPad and not communicating.

Good on you mate.

Guest Nick987

Cheers! Thanks Doish. Just not enough hours in the day. And this is fun for me so I try to squeeze some in when I can.

Encouragement like that can only make matters worse for the both of us ; p

Nick, it's great to have you aboard.

You're obviously very passionate about all things Porsche and very eloquent I must add.

Your posts have been both interesting and entertaining regardless of the time they are posted. (Have a look at the time I'm doing this)

I get the whole "love driving my car well" comment. It's like a drug and when you're not in it you need another type of fix.

Mine's not a DD and I can only go 3 or 4 days max without a squirt.

Took it out tonight in the rain for 45 min. I love the C4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, as far as a SMT is concerned I'm always keen, although kids footy can be an issue.

Depending on footy schedule and weather I may go for an early Sunday (7:30AM-10AM) run leaving from Mill Park and going up through St Andrews and Kinglake. If it looks like happening I'll PM you and Choppergrino (and anyone else for that matter) and you are more than welcome to join me.

Good to see you don't own a night club.................otherwise Sunday morning may be a little early!!!!!

Guest Nick987

Can't post, busy fanging...

The Loaner... :o

CaymanLoanerJune2012odo.jpg

Mine is in for her 3rd service and first by PCM this weekend (at last, poor baby getting nursed by her mother - relief :rolleyes: )

So I am out today and tomorrow (and yesterday and last night) avoiding straight roads wherever possible ;):P:D

MAN, never thought I'd say this, being a 'Stick Master', but I am SOOO loving the PDK!

PM me if you want to hook up. I'll be out there all weekend - Watch out for a Seal Grey Cayman..

CaymanLoanerJune2012hero.jpg

:D :D :D :D

Guest Nick987

After having spent the day yesterday enjoying the finer points of this incredible transmission, I am waiting this morning to get into mine and see if it was a pleasant nicety or a must have on the next one...

More to come!

• 1 month later...

Good evening all,

I have been reading this forum with interest for a few months now so thought I would sign up and say hello. I have always had a passion for Porsches and it wasn't until I caught up with Doish a few months ago (we work for the same hotel company) and saw his 911sc that the fire was reignited. Whilst at this stage I am not able to afford a 911, I am looking at other options and there seem to be a number of good 944s,924 Turbos and 928's around. I have joined the Porsche Club, and this forum, so I can learn more about the different models, what to look for when buying one, meet/talk to some likeminded people and hopefully get to drive some in the process! I have been told that this is a good way to do it. Eventually I would be keen to participate in a Sydney SMT!

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Stephen