New to the forum? Start here...

Thanks Nick, Douglas & Doish. Thanks for your welcome. Ideally I would prefer an early model 911 as I like the more traditional look. Anywhere up to early 90's (964) so aren't too fussy.

After looking around, reading and speaking to people I will probably start my Porsche ownership experience with a NA 944 1986 + with the updated dash. Having back seats will mean I can take my boys for a spin as well! I love the look of the 928 but are learning that there are quite high maintenance costs associated with them. I intended having some fun driving a few models and see what appeals the most.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all! New to the forum and new to Porsche ownership. Like many, it's been a dream since being a kid.

Many years hard work and the recent sale of a business meant it was time to reward myself!

2002 996 Carrera was picked up a couple of months ago. Not getting to drive it as much as i'd like yet being kept in storage through the week till i make room in the garage...waiting for a new factory to be finished so i can move the rally car. So at the moment i only get custody on most weekends :( The kids are full time though!

Looking forward to a Sunday Morning Targa!

post-918-0-25669700-1347456291_thumb.jpg

Guest Nick987

Hi all! New to the forum and new to Porsche ownership. Like many, it's been a dream since being a kid.

Many years hard work and the recent sale of a business meant it was time to reward myself!

2002 996 Carrera was picked up a couple of months ago. Not getting to drive it as much as i'd like yet being kept in storage through the week till i make room in the garage...waiting for a new factory to be finished so i can move the rally car. So at the moment i only get custody on most weekends :( The kids are full time though!

Looking forward to a Sunday Morning Targa!

post-918-0-25669700-1347456291_thumb.jpg

Haha! Congratulations and welcome aboard! Likewise!

Is that you in the red or the blue t shirt? And you look a little short and young in the pic standing next to your pride and joy with your mate...oh no wait, dem be the young'uns :lol:

Looking all proud and all next to the new P!!

so i can move the rally car.

Do tell!

Yeah the kids are proud as punch about it, the older (4yo) telling everyone from the kinder teacher to the local cafe barista that we got a Porsche! While the littler (3yo) just throws both arms up in the air and goes wheeeeeee when you put the right foot down on a freeway on-ramp. The wife doesn't feel quite the same when i do that!

The rally car is an 95 Mitsi Evo Lancer set up for gravel. Competed solidly in it for about 5 years but has been taking up space and collecting (the wrong kind of) dust for the last couple of years... Still torn on selling it, but the 911 might make it easier! Otherwise i might compete again one day.

Also need room for the wifes daily, 04 Suby Liberty GT and my daily '10 Commodore Boganwagon! And a couple of utes...

Guest Nick987

Sounds like a great selection there - Town AND Country AND Track!

Crazy how the kids just know and love these cars, specially the boys, must be in the DNA or sumfing

The wife doesn't feel quite the same when i do that!

Ahhh...nothing new there! Same same

Guest Nick987

The rally car is an 95 Mitsi Evo Lancer set up for gravel.

Nice! Really liked those machines. Nearly bought a Makkinen 6.5 in the day.

Man I admire you blokes go fanging like crazy in the gravel! Kahones country that!

Like how you make the distinction between 'good' dust and 'wrong kind of' dust :lol:

Good to have you here Trev.

Can I borrow your kids. My 10 year old prefers Lambos!

Nice collection of cars you have. Don't sell the EVO, you will probably regret it.

We can arrange a special dirt stage on the next SMT.

Yeah re the Evo, for the $ I've put into it vs the $ i'd get back i may as well hold it. It will probably qualify as a "classic" by the time i get back out in it with the kids. It's not so much the competing but all the prep time that takes you away from a young family that kills it at the moment. May do some random AutoX for a bit of sideways fun no and then without the hoohaa that comes with running in a state championship.

The 911 is something we can all enjoy! Funny, i considered a 987 boxster S as a good value, late model entry to Porsche ownership but the wife INSISTED i get a 911!

What a nag! Oh well, who am i to not obey, it was in the vows!