CAR CARE CLINIC MELBOURNE

Niko

Anyone purchase a orbital polisher?

Thinking about purchasing the kit below but for some reason feel a little apprehensive to do so - maybe do the CX9 first, build up the confidence a practise the technique.

http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/car_care_products/enthusiast_random_orbital_kit

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nix, they are a great product and if you buy a good one like that is you really can't do any damage. I was also apprehensive about using one originally. Pressing down too hard could be the only way to cause a drama, but I just Lise the weight of the polisher and just guide it. Certainly puts the polishing and sealing products on more evenly than doing it by hand. Maybe shop around a bit though re price I have one which I got a few years back. It is a plug in the cig lighter model. But I have now connected it up to a 240v dc/ac converter from Jaycar, works great at half the price.

Just make sure the pads you use are good quality and always clean and results will be excellent.

My first go at foam, I thought the foam would be thicker.

The gun is very nice, I just have to fiddle with the settings more.. also the driveway gets a good clean, lol

2013-11-23%252018.35.46.jpg

Hey Orion03,

yeah looks like you need to play with the control a little more me thinks...

definitely a little light on...

Nix and Niko will know the deal...

Looking forward to santa bringing mine...

Bafe

My first go at foam, I thought the foam would be thicker.

The gun is very nice, I just have to fiddle with the settings more.. also the driveway gets a good clean, lol

2013-11-23%252018.35.46.jpg

Correct, it's usally thicker... see below.

Winding the screw all the way in, you will get a thicker foam - I leave on for 5 mins and wash off.

IMG_0052-1.jpg

Nick, I have one of the random orbital polishers same as they had the clinic. It's very easy to use and came with four different pads.

I practiced on Ann's Yaris before I graduated to the Porsche :)

C

Cheers Chris,

Practise is a must, start on the cx9 first I think.

I picked up my "wand" and foam etc yesterday.

I mentioned to the guy 4:1 mixture?

and he just said "dunno i put in about this much (an inch)  in the bottom of the bottle"  :wacko:

trial and error i guess...

I'll put in a small amount and screw the knob down and see what happens...

Call me McBafe but if i can dilute it a little more i will….  <_<

I have found can do the entire car on just over half a bottle, any more is a waste IMO. Don't know bout you Bafe, but that guy ain't to helpful in my experience talking with him.

Hey Nix

half a bottle mixed 4:1?

as for "chuckles" I'm glad you said that as i won't be darkening his door again anytime soon.

i've been there a few times now and on every occasion I felt uncomfortable and that I was interrupting him.

He'd better be a bloody good detailer as his personality won't win him much business IMHO

I go about 30 mm over half Bafe at 4:1 & it's plenty. I usually give the roof a miss too.

Might want to put a sheet of plastic under the bonnet (up top) as soap gets every where.

B) I couldn't wait santa will have to think of something else...

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

Put about 2" in the bottom opt the bottle and filled with water...

knob screwed all the way to the bottom.

Used about half the bottle

just rinsed and waffle towel dried..

senbloodysational 

Just the wash Bafe?  no claying or pol/waxing?   Just asking, cause I haven't used my foam for a wash only thought it might be a bit harsh on the previous wax.

And...how did your roof go with that stuff on it?

Here's one in bad light

IMG_2386.jpg

I'll take a pic tomorrow of the finished product, looks sensational...

The roof was fine I didn't put too much on it….

as Nix said there was a little bit under the bonnet but again not too bad (maybe the 987 seals better?)

I have to say i'm wrapped…  the car wasn't really dirty, more dusty than grubby so that probably helps.

But a great result.

I'll do the misses' car tomorrow its a bit dirtier and see how that comes up...

My feeling is I'll need the mitt on that one...

Archived