CAR CARE CLINIC MELBOURNE

Niko

desismileys_4504.gif

Trade secret I am afraid, if we tell you what that is used for we will have to kill you.

Probably the cheapest part of the entire exercise though.

The plastic bag that is not the killing you bit...

lol, can you PM me then?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it will be. Especially when the whole process is completed. I think Nix might add his bit as well, here ...Nick what do you think?

Most definitely,, only used the mit on the rear side panels , so it was nearly a mit free wash.

Im also swirl free on the paint work, using the snow foam (plus the 2 bucket method) helps to keep it that way.

Little bit more effort setting up though.. small price to pay in my book.

Kev that should do the trick and at the price you can't go wrong too much.  

The reports on that site really only say that the reservoir maybe a bit small for doing an entire car and that it may not put a lot of foam on the car "like the car washes" .  

If coupled with the snow foam I think it would be ok.    You can always revert back to the one both Nix and I purchased if not happy.

• 1 month later...

so in summary,

Snow Foam Lance ... can be found on ebay

AUTOBRITE MAGIFOAM

Colourtec  wheel cleaner

Hand in plastic bag to feel for imperfections.

Clay bar + lube

seems like it was a great day, let me know if we do it again in Melb.

With the wheel cleaner, does it last? i.e. will one bottle last a long time? cause I got an autoglym one and after a 4 washes I feel like it's almost all gone i.e. bottle is almost empty.

correct on all counts there Orion....I will post it up for another one early new year, see if we can get some more takers.

I have used the Colourtec on two cars, not including the Boxster.    Did a great job on the CX7 wheels, which were done about three weeks ago and they still look good.    But I agree the stuff doesn't last long, I think I might have enough to do one more set of wheels.

So for me probably only 3 applications/cars or thereabouts.   So the Autoglym doesn't sound much better.. 

BUT i haven't seen the lance on e-bay with the same size bottle any cheaper.. (Karcher connection for me)

you can buy a similar product from the guys in the UK but by the time you pay the freight its about the same price...

I'd rather buy it locally and annoy them if something goes wrong….

You guys are all very motivated! I haven't bought a thing since the clinic. I'm still washing my car the same way as before - 3 buckets n lambs wool mitt.

Given the light color of my car I am wondering if the snow foam is worth the trouble.

I have managed to clean my steering wheel up tho. Meguiars leather cleaner on soft cloth and the dirt wipes off so easily I'm almost s little embarrassed I didn't try it sooner!

Snow foam is pretty good, helps presoak and loosen the grit up front and even better my son loves it as the car and the driveway looks like it's covered in snow....

I use a Swiss wheel cleaner as well, seems to last reasonable well as I've only made two spray bottles up and washed the wheels 4 times and still have another 4 or so left in the very small bottle. It works a treat strips the brake dust off easily and brings the wheels up a treat.

So this wheel cleaners all tend to be really expensive and only last a few washes?

How often are you suppose to use them?

is the deal that you just use normal wash all the time and the special wheel cleaner once in a while?

I only got about 4 washes out of the Colourtec. I'm not sure I'll buy it again, I think I'd prefer to just keep the wheels cleaner in the first place and not let the brake dust build up.  I find with my car I can leave it a month without washing it, the duco looks clean but the wheels get dirty very fast

that's the pads I guess, stop well but cover the wheels in sh1t...

you need to drive your car more missy…   B)

I do! I don't get much of a chance as if we go out, my other half gets car sick in it (which after being a passenger to Caveman I totally get now, thought I was gonna hurl on him at one point) so we don't take the boxster!  

Archived