CAR CARE CLINIC MELBOURNE

Niko

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Pickup my order from Murrembenna so thought best put the snowfoam, wheel cleaner, lambswool mit  & spray polish to the test.

Overall happy with the final result, there was one negative to the snow foam lance though.

Alot of soap got in the bonnet as far down sitting next to each side of the battery. Have to cover that area next time as it took a while to get out.. just when thought I was finished too :angry: :angry:

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0058-1.jpg

IMG_0057-1.jpg

Pickup my order from Murrembenna so thought best put the snowfoam, wheel cleaner, lambswool mit  & spray polish to the test.

Overall happy with the final result, there was one negative to the snow foam lance though.

Alot of soap got in the bonnet as far down sitting next to each side of the battery. Have to cover that area next time as it took a while to get out.. just when thought I was finished too :angry: :angry:

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0058-1.jpg

IMG_0057-1.jpg

How long did you leave the foam on the car and wheels before cleaning it off?

That looks as though it has come up well Nix. :D  

Must have been the day for it, I practised on the Beloved Bluebird with the snowfoam.

Gave the car a squirt over first then applied the snow foam.  

I diluted the snow foam down probably about 50/50 which it says on the container.  

Squirted it on and have to say it was very thick, I think maybe dilute it a tad more next time.   Didn't leave it on the full ten minutes as we were advised because it was in the sun and sections were drying out quicker than other sections, so probably did about 5 minutes, before rinsing off. :mellow:     

Lots of snow foam residue on the driveway which was hard to move gave it a bit of a squirt with the gun but didn't want to look like a water wally and tried to sweep it off, which also was a bit unsuccessful.   So white snow everywhere on another sunny day in the Bayside Bronx, causing interested passer bys to have a second look. :wacko:    Stayed there for a couple of hours, but no real harm done I guess.

Anyway then moved it into the covered section of the driveway, dried it off with the correct towelling and after all that had a good look at the finish, and found blemishes in the paintwork, as in it looked like blotches in certain light.   I wasn't all that happy, but I would say that is where the sun may have dried sections earlier than the rest. :(   

Went over bonnet and roof with a damp cloth and a lot of elbow grease to get the blotches out seemed to work.   Still have to do the rest of the car though.   

In the end...I learnt, do it in the shade, be aware the snow is going to hang around once it is rinsed off. (hopefully the snow foam run off won't effect the garden that the "WLW" tends to, with great passion and gusto) 

Comparing it to a good tub with good wash a bucket and hose.....well that is a lot easier, :)  getting the KARCHER out and running power cords and hoses that get tangled up with the cords is a real PITA. :unsure:    I think the finish is probably better, with the KARCHER and foam. 

I will do it all again on the BB in the next week or so (in the shade this time with a bit more dilution) and then continue with the whole process of claying, polish and sealer, see how that works before doing the "WLW"s CX7 and the yellow Box.  

I would agree with Nix in that if it gets under bonnets and rear lids etc it is very hard to wipe out.  In fact it is a big PITA to remove from the nooks and crannies.

Well I went and bought some products as the fleet needs a good going over.

Snow Foam, polish, a buffer, cloths, brushes etc. Looks good quality stuff.

The old Karcher at the farm had died so I bought a new one.

Then the storage area was a bit messy in the side of the garage so I went and bought some shelving and cupboards. Spent Sat putting it together and sorting it out.

Haven’t actually managed to clean a car yet.

Got some clay bars too so now we are ready to go.

Thanks for getting us into this Niko. Now how much was that whole exercise?

haha, I give you the tip don't spray the snowfoam in your indoor area there.   If you do, go and buy yourself some skis.  

Same as you, brand new never used Karcher out of the box and used yesterday (did get it about a year ago though) purchased the nozzle for the Karcher and Snowfoam from CARCLINIC which was $99.00 I think, then found one that will do the job on EBAY for $30.00 damn.....

Although it is an extremely well made nozzle.   

Visacard about $300.00 lighter with the big container of snow foam, wheel cleaner, clay, clay lubricant and microfibre cloths

Look at it this way, it is good exercise and we are keeping the car cleaning economy rolling and hopefully our cars will look a million dollars at the end of it all.  

desismileys_4504.gif

Trade secret I am afraid, if we tell you what that is used for we will have to kill you.

Probably the cheapest part of the entire exercise though.

The plastic bag that is not the killing you bit...

I diluted the snow foam down probably about 50/50 which it says on the container.

Squirted it on and have to say it was very thick, I think maybe dilute it a tad more next time.

Hi Niko,

I used the same ratio as you too but, the knob on the top of lance controls the thickness of the foam.

All the way in = thickest, opening the knob must allow some water in via the karcher.

N

desismileys_4504.gif

Trade secret I am afraid, if we tell you what that is used for we will have to kill you.

Probably the cheapest part of the entire exercise though.

The plastic bag that is not the killing you bit...

Hahahaha

First rule of Car Care Clinic Melbourne...

what happens...  ah you know the rest...

Well I went and bought some products as the fleet needs a good going over.

Snow Foam, polish, a buffer, cloths, brushes etc. Looks good quality stuff.

The old Karcher at the farm had died so I bought a new one.

Then the storage area was a bit messy in the side of the garage so I went and bought some shelving and cupboards. Spent Sat putting it together and sorting it out.

Haven’t actually managed to clean a car yet.

Got some clay bars too so now we are ready to go.

Thanks for getting us into this Niko. Now how much was that whole exercise?

Sheez airhead they must love you down there!!!!

Hi Niko,

I used the same ratio as you too but, the knob on the top of lance controls the thickness of the foam.

All the way in = thickest, opening the knob must allow some water in via the karcher.

N

Thanks Nick, I did play around a bit with that but probably more operator error on my behalf, so you purchased the same lance/nozzle thingo from them as well?

That looks as though it has come up well Nix. :D  

Must have been the day for it, I practised on the Beloved Bluebird with the snowfoam.

Gave the car a squirt over first then applied the snow foam.  

Squirted it on and have to say it was very thick, I think maybe dilute it a tad more next time.   Didn't leave it on the full ten minutes as we were advised because it was in the sun and sections were drying out quicker than other sections, so probably did about 5 minutes, before rinsing off. :mellow:     

Lots of snow foam residue on the driveway which was hard to move gave it a bit of a squirt with the gun but didn't want to look like a water wally and tried to sweep it off, which also was a bit unsuccessful.   So white snow everywhere on another sunny day in the Bayside Bronx, causing interested passer bys to have a second look. :wacko:    Stayed there for a couple of hours, but no real harm done I guess.

Anyway then moved it into the covered section of the driveway, dried it off with the correct towelling and after all that had a good look at the finish, and found blemishes in the paintwork, as in it looked like blotches in certain light.   I wasn't all that happy, but I would say that is where the sun may have dried sections earlier than the rest. :(   

Went over bonnet and roof with a damp cloth and a lot of elbow grease to get the blotches out seemed to work.   Still have to do the rest of the car though.   

In the end...I learnt, do it in the shade, be aware the snow is going to hang around once it is rinsed off. (hopefully the snow foam run off won't effect the garden that the "WLW" tends to, with great passion and gusto) 

Comparing it to a good tub with good wash a bucket and hose.....well that is a lot easier, :)  getting the KARCHER out and running power cords and hoses that get tangled up with the cords is a real PITA. :unsure:    I think the finish is probably better, with the KARCHER and foam. 

I will do it all again on the BB in the next week or so (in the shade this time with a bit more dilution) and then continue with the whole process of claying, polish and sealer, see how that works before doing the "WLW"s CX7 and the yellow Box.  

I would agree with Nix in that if it gets under bonnets and rear lids etc it is very hard to wipe out.  In fact it is a big PITA to remove from the nooks and crannies.

Niko, that snowfoam sounds like more hassle than its really worth.. or is it really worth doing??

Niko, that snowfoam sounds like more hassle than its really worth.. or is it really worth doing??

Hi Tony, overall I think it is,... the car certainly sheds some dirt etc but definitely do it out of the sun.

(especially for metallic type finishes)

Be prepared for some foam to be caught up in the the nooks and crannies of the car and of course your driveway

(or preferably your next door neighbours driveway if they are not home).    

Now I have all the gear I will persevere.  

The big plus with this is there is no sponging or similar to cause any swirls...

it is all just pre rinse/squirt, snow foam, rinse off.   then chamois/microfibre towel off.

Archived