PFA - The decklid grill badge

SM911

I think it's about time that we PFA'ers showed our pride on our cars through a nice looking metal badge, a la the ones you see on the decklid grills of air cooled 911s.

I figure if the 901 Registry and Impact Bumpers Forum can have them, so should we!

I'm happy to volunteer my services and have a crack at the design, but of course Kerry would need to be the ultimate approver of design! ;)

Happy for suggestions and pics. Oh, and does anyone have contacts in the badge making business?

Scotty

ps. Nobody needs to post any clips from Blazing Saddles about 'we don't need no stinkin' badges!' :P

The design is "the logo" at the top of the forum

A sticker for the rear window would suffice wouldn't it ? Easily removed or replaced.

Easily added to t-shirts, golf shirts and also sew-on badges for jackets etc

Obviously everyone would like a bunch of different options. My purpose on this thread was to get the banter going and test the level of enthusiasm for something a little different than stickers. But of course, stickers suit a lot of people too.

I think it's about time that we PFA'ers showed our pride on our cars through a nice looking metal badge, a la the ones you see on the decklid grills of air cooled 911s.

I figure if the 901 Registry and Impact Bumpers Forum can have them, so should we!

I'm happy to volunteer my services and have a crack at the design, but of course Kerry would need to be the ultimate approver of design! ;)

Happy for suggestions and pics. Oh, and does anyone have contacts in the badge making business?

Scotty

ps. Nobody needs to post any clips from Blazing Saddles about 'we don't need no stinkin' badges!' :P

Whilst I like your enthusiasm for big bumpers and air cooled Porsches. We don't all have 'grill' real estate for badges and that includes modern 911s too.   So a sticker in the short term would work for all of us.

I'm positive Kerry has mentioned some PFA merch and does have plans for it in the future. 

I wouldn't mind a nice metal one to balance up the number plate, but also be happy with a little decal of some description and as Caver and Amanda rightly state, we don't have much advertising space on our cars.   There are also decals available from Kerry at the moment which go across the front windscreen mainly I will try and post up a photo of that one.

And as also stated all up to Kerry for approval, but good for talking about.

I'm sure we could get two options if we came up with a design

• a metal badge with a threaded stud and nut setup (suitable for those of us with decklid grilles and air cooling)
  • a metal badge with a sticker backing (suitable for Boxsters, 924s, 944s and everything else etc)

Amanda I think from memory mine has an adhesive back on it.  And I may have added a tad of some glue to try and make sure it stayed on.   I am no longer a member of PCV but am a bit worried about trying to prise it off.   

Kerry and I discussed this a little at the meet and great a few weeks ago. He has a few plans in mind but they are on hold until the end of the year when he has some more spare time. I did mention to him I like the idea of number plate frames/protectors with PFA and the web address on them. Currently I have Autohaus ones which look fine on the car.

I'm not a fan of stickers on my car but a grill badge might be ok but shirts, hats, jackets, chairs, eskys, key chains, stubby holders are generally very popular.

3P1A1372_zps898d8b5d.jpg

The design is "the logo" at the top of the forum

A sticker for the rear window would suffice wouldn't it ? Easily removed or replaced.

Easily added to t-shirts, golf shirts and also sew-on badges for jackets etc

+1 on the sticker option.  Maybe similar to the PCV sticker which is placed on the inside of the glass.

I am no longer a member of PCV but am a bit worried about trying to prise it off.   

ah Ha!!  another PCV imposter!   ;)

Peeling stickers (or tape) off paint is nasty.  I found out the hard way :( It's yet another item on the list of touchups.

Ha ha ha....

All of the above lads and lass!

As Ben mentioned, I have designs already made up for stickers/badges/t-shirts/billboards/hot-air balloons, Le Mans Porsche Team sponsorship etc etc etc...

This summer will see a plethora of options that which you can consider giving your significants others for Christmas (isn't that what our cars are?!? LOL!), - I PROMISE!

Until then, the only thing I can commit to making will be a goose of myself if I don't get this sculpture finished before my semester 1 assessment tomorrow!!!

;)

Kerry

Seriously though, thanks guys and gals who have offered to help, I appreciate it, however I do want to offer a united front on the promotion of the PFA, and as such, I'll be asking for loads of opinions about all manner of branding stuff, but later in the year.

IMG_1528.jpg

Great Kerry, looking forward to it, now you get back to work (not sure what that word is though)

You would never be a Goose, your more of a Maverick or Ice man than goose.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think these type windscreen stickers are still available?

IMG_1528.jpg

Great Kerry, looking forward to it, now you get back to work (not sure what that word is though)

You would never be a Goose, your more of a Maverick or Ice man than goose.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think these type windscreen stickers are still available?

Sorry mate, I missed this one in the flurry...

I have a couple, but of the last few I gave out the recipients complained that they didn't stick all that well, probs a little long in the tooth...

Time for an updated one me thinks....

K

?...the flaunting of other's badges'n'bits?!?!

<_<  :o  ;)

Kerry

I thought somebody else would've brought up the point about the DDK badge on your Carrera 2.7 Kerry - not you! ;)

Sorry about creating more stress for you at this time mate!

Archived