I bought a new toy! :)

No it's not a car.. 

It's a Flat bed printer. Bought it a few months ago. Arrived from canada on monday. Mostly assembled today and tomorrow should be complete. 

For a few test prints I couldn't help my self to print something "Porsche"

I'll also be doing the 'Special Kids' stickers also for the charity event. 

The Printer is an Océ 480XT (company of Canon) which is pretty much top of the line. IICR there's only 4 printers in Melbourne this size. 2.5 x 3m 

tomorrow i'm planning to print a 3m long porsche banner for my garage. 

If anyone has any ideas what to print. please share :) 

I'm planning to get Stainless Steel sheets and print some old looking enamel signs and try incorporate the warn look/rust to it to hang in the garage also.    

9D0FCBBC-0897-483E-B296-5A475ABA7213-481

D3BE3BD1-F84D-41E2-A1F9-E7D3DDAA2D8F-481

If you're going to play...you've got to have good toys.

How about you print a Rennsport roadside banner?  It's the only way we'll get one!!??

Remember, he who dies with the most toys....WINS!

Jim, Yeah it was an idea me and dad have toying with. After looking at a few (not really many to look at) at shows ect.. I picked this particular one for many reason. For many years I was in the music industry but I stopped last year knowing I wasn't going to get far just the way things where going. Harves, that's a good idea! I have some old porsche 944 turbo adverts I might print off. This is all just for tests!

Bet it has good speed - will need some Turbo Twists on it ! ( just for tests) !   :)

You could decorate a PFA shed with this, all we need is our own cave.

I'll need some gt2 rs centre locks!!

Who'll put their hand up to have a PFA cave! haha.

If you're going to play...you've got to have good toys.

How about you print a Rennsport roadside banner?  It's the only way we'll get one!!??

Remember, he who dies with the most toys....WINS!

haha, you're right. we'll get a nice 6m banner up. Just need some help LOL!

Hope it all goes well for you Paul, probably need some serious moolah to help pay for it

as It probably cost you a packet.

Thanks Jim! yeah 2011 997T money  :( We hope it's a good investment! 

That is awsome!

I am very keen to see what you come up with as I need one last big print for the man cave. Now where are those 917 blueprints I had a PDF of...

Me to! i'll get something happening between saturday and tuesday. I have training wednesday to friday to use the machines advance features. 

What will you be using this for Pauly? Will you be able to do Vinyl printing for car wraps? Looks very impressive!!

A lot of things Patrick. Mostly Ridged media like plastics, glass, steel ect. But able to do any flexible media. The difference is that this is a UV printer so the ink actually sits ontop of the media and doesn't penetrate. You can actually feel the ink texture. not so much on a single layer but you can build layers up and get a texture out of it. Can do car wraps but the ink isn't stretchable. can do graphics, not colour wraps. Would just need to cut the graphics. 

Can you do photographs on artist canvas?

Thanks Theo! Yeah it comes out very nice on artists canvases! very crisp. 

Hey ill need about 50 business cards, 

ill need them in Two possibly Three? Colours 

ill order 100 if you include free delivery ?

:ph34r:

Possible. have to be hand cut though with a guillotine..

I cannot advertise here. Not sure about the rules. I'll find out   

Archived