Australian Motoring Party

"The States will quickly come to realise that the unity, numbers and strength that we bring to the negotiating table can not be taken lightly."

"Total raised so far $6k."

Yeah, that'll deliver shock and awe in the States, or even possibly, the states (and territories).

There won't be any sort of mass change from the two main parties while they stake ownership of the issues that most people care about (or, tinfoil hats on, have been persuaded - by the main parties - to care about).

So until the abovementioned party also has credible policies on immigration, the economy and so on, they will remain fringe-y.

Up the Peoples' Front of Judaea!

Note to Mods: For as long as this discussion remains a discussion on the state of politics rather than an antagonistic slanging match between political viewpoints, I am hoping that it will be allowed to run its peaceful course.

I only put this up as a bit of fun,  if people start getting carried away, then away it goes.

Please only respond in the same manner as the post was intended.

"I am hoping that it will be allowed to run its peaceful course."   me too.

after watching a few 'grunt files' DVD's I'm not sure if they're representative of all car enthusiasts

I'm all for what they're suggesting though, and I know I'm not going to do anything so someone should lol

I think you're all missing the real issue at play here

There won't be any sort of mass change from the two main parties while they stake ownership of the issues that most people care about (or, tinfoil hats on, have been persuaded - by the main parties - to care about).

http://disinfo.com/2011/08/do-tin-foil-hats-really-block-mind-control/

Tinfoil hats actually increase mind control abilities in the radio spectrums primarily operated by government (1.2-1.4ghz) as well as mobile phone frequencies (2.6ghz).  Its all a conspiracy planted by our not so malevolent overseers and by the faceless telecommunication corporations hell bent on mass population control!  Do we see this is a major issue highlighted by any of the major parties?  No surprises that the answer is no....

• 2 weeks later...

Well there you go, looks like they won a senate seat............

In Victoria, Ricky Muir is set to win the final seat. He stood for the Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party, which appears to have no policies apart from representing what it sees as motorists' interests. He won 0.53 per cent, but with a swag of preferences, he appears set to unseat Liberal senator Helen Kroger, who had 10.52 per cent.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/sport-and-motoring-enthusiasts-to-join-senate-in-new-hung-parliament-20130908-2tdqm.html#ixzz2eSjPXTiB

ah well... what are the chances he can get something meaningful done like change the speed camera tolerance back up to 10% ?

we've managed to give an unemployed guy a $190K a year job with incredible super benefits.

:rolleyes:

He must be working via a time machine.  Speed cameras already kick in at 10% over, then 2km is generously taken off. You still get the full penalty though.  :angry:

Isn't speed cameras set at 3 kmh? I.e. 63 kmh is the max then you get fined.

It used to be 10% but they didn't catch enough people so they dropped it to 3 kmh

You're probably right.  Good luck trying to get a straight answer on this from the traffic nazi's.

Let's all send a polite letter to the new senator and see if he can get this annoyance dressed up as a safety initiative set to a more reasonable threshold.

I have no idea what the senator-elect is about, but having a motoring party in the senate can't be a bad thing.

It's a platform to raise issues like chronic road underfunding, the stupidity of ADRs and Personal Import restrictions, and any other number.  I had a quick look at the site and it seemed to be concentrating on access to national parks for 4wds and changes to modified vehicle laws.

I just hope the guy isn't a complete pillock and therefore paint any motoring enthusiast as a swivel-eyed loon.  That would be the worst outcome.

Maybe next time we can get a proper motoring party together.

:-)

I want to see road safety emphsis on making roads safer .. e.g. moving the light poles further back and changing them to a safer design, and making trees less deadly etc.

Think back on all the deadly car crashes that we read about and see on the news, how often is a tree or pole involved.

As for speed camera tolerances... I managed to dig this up:

http://www.camerassavelives.vic.gov.au/home/cameras/fines+and+penalties/

Tolerances

Depending on the type of camera used, there is a two to three kilometre per hour (km/h) lee-way for vehicles before a speeding fine is issued.

For mobile cameras, legislation allows for a tolerance of three kilometres per hour, or 3% less if the vehicle is travelling over 100 km/h.

Legislation allows for a tolerance of two kilometres per hour, or 2% less if the vehicle is travelling over 100km/h, for all fixed cameras, except point-to-point.

I'd rather see a proper centralist/moderate party (where most of the Australian populatin actually lives) that isn't built around a single issue platform.  My hopes were with Wikileaks but they imploded at the last minute (and Assange is a narcissist).

The two main parties are far Right and not quite far Right, and the only other option we had was the Greens, which is far Left.  No moderate/centralist option to speak of at all.

I just hope the guy isn't a complete pillock and therefore paint any motoring enthusiast as a swivel-eyed loon.  That would be the worst outcome.

I think this is the problem... from what I've seen he does appear to be a complete and utter pillock. I'm prepared to be proven wrong, but that's up to Mr Pillock and his future actions.

Archived