Definitive Decal Placement...?

Kerry

Hey All,

I had a few queries as to the definitive placement for the decals - which window, which side, inside/outside.....??!!  :huh:  :rolleyes:

(sorry, could't resist - cracks me up every time!)

I'm thinking that we should have a mini-library here of varying installations, such that future members can see and refer to?

So, who's going to be first?   <_<  :)

Kerry 

There's not much common space that is always  visible on all Porsches.  Only place I can think of is passenger side top windscreen.. so as to not restrict the drivers view.  I'm not applying anything to my paint regardless whether it comes off or not!

I'm guessing there'll be lots of different views on this.  For eg if I owned a 911 I'd want it in the rear small window as that is the best spot for these types of stickers.

There's not much common space that is always visible on all Porsches. Only place I can think of is passenger side top windscreen.. so as to not restrict the drivers view. I'm not applying anything to my paint regardless whether it comes off or not!

I'm guessing there'll be lots of different views on this. For eg if I owned a 911 I'd want it in the rear small window as that is the best spot for these types of stickers.

Top left of screen is often used for numbers at the track.

Agree about the paint. I'm guessing Kerry got the "never coming off" option for the glue.

STUCK!
9659848181_557982d7db_b.jpg

PS. It seemed a shame to mess up Kerry's packaging.  Nice work Big K.

I'm looking at this pic today for the first time and going ... :blink:  

WTF is that extra clear ring around the decal, as I haven't installed one yet myself I wondered if it was a stuff up... then, D'Oh! Harv's has internally mounted it! Phew!  :rolleyes:  Nice cut and paste H! ;)

Kerry

Hey Kevin,

Sorry, it was definitely sent, but I'll send another tomorrow!

Anyone else?  :mellow:

Kerry

PS Can everyone keep an eye out for a AustPost van with a nice decal on the rear quarter window?!  :D

Hey Kevin,

Sorry, it was definitely sent, but I'll send another tomorrow!

Anyone else?  :mellow:

Kerry

PS Can everyone keep an eye out for a AustPost van with a nice decal on the rear quarter window?!  :D

maybe the ninja envelope spooked 'em

Ok mine is mounted and it maybe crooked, I didn't measure it.. just slapped it on! So your jokes should sound like this 'amanda its straight'   :P  :D

9695548773_ef50423574_c.jpg
IMG_0071 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

phwoar get a load of that willya!

9698782274_667b19f98a_c.jpg
IMG_0072 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

oops sticker out of focus...

9698733162_ff08103315_c.jpg
IMG_0075 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

And I'll be ordering one to stick on the inside too.. double PFA is the way to go!

9698784014_4154ecd0cf_c.jpg
IMG_0076 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

Just shows how much the new cars have grown.... Or is that decal you got a special extra small one

No, not a small decal, I cut the border off as it just didnt look right with a car thats basically white & black IMHO. It actually looks better in the flesh, i ordered another decal for the other side so hopefully it will arrive before the SMT.

Ok mine is mounted and it maybe crooked, I didn't measure it.. just slapped it on! So your jokes should sound like this 'amanda its straight'   :P  :D

9695548773_ef50423574_c.jpg

IMG_0071 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

phwoar get a load of that willya!

9698782274_667b19f98a_c.jpg

IMG_0072 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

oops sticker out of focus...

9698733162_ff08103315_c.jpg

IMG_0075 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

And I'll be ordering one to stick on the inside too.. double PFA is the way to go!

9698784014_4154ecd0cf_c.jpg

IMG_0076 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

Looks pretty straight Amanda, get the Caveman to give the tick of approval for Boxsters though.

Ok mine is mounted and it maybe crooked, I didn't measure it.. just slapped it on! So your jokes should sound like this 'amanda its straight'   :P  :D 9695548773_ef50423574_c.jpgIMG_0071 by mmanda withers, on Flickr phwoar get a load of that willya! 9698782274_667b19f98a_c.jpgIMG_0072 by mmanda withers, on Flickr oops sticker out of focus...9698733162_ff08103315_c.jpgIMG_0075 by mmanda withers, on Flickr And I'll be ordering one to stick on the inside too.. double PFA is the way to go! 9698784014_4154ecd0cf_c.jpgIMG_0076 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

Is it in your field of view?

Bafe - a little bit but I only noticed it for a minute and then never noticed it. I'm going to stick another one on the inside so I'm not looking at the back of the sticker - unless I find another decal idea.

EDIT: Also, bare in mind I'm only 5'4" so you might find its not in your field of view at all. I know Caver said his wasn't in his view.

Archived