Remember Peter Brock

CarreraG50

Hi Guys,

I am a Peter Brock Fan, there I said it, I'm out.

However not for the reasons you may think (although I am a Torana tragic and owned quite a few in a previous life) but because he raced PORSCHES at Le Mans.

1981 raced a 924 Carrera GTR (failed to qualify)

1984 Porsche 956, got as high as 5th (Larry Perkins crashed it)(They finished 21st @ the 1000k of Silverstone)

Any way Peter Brock passed away on the 8 September 2006, so Sunday is the anniversary(That just doesn't sound like the right term to use). Spare him and his family a thought.

RIP Brocky

Peter Brock is a Legend.

he died doing what he did best.

He was a Racing Driver.

Like James Hunt.

Like Gilles Villeneuve

Like Ayrton Senna

Like Henri Toivonen

and like many others that died not-in-action (Colin McRae, Richard Burns)

Peter was amongst the above names in that his talent was his downfall....

611.jpg

• 3 years later...

My childhood idol, met him many times as a kid and he always spoke to me or signed whatever I asked him to...

Despite his sins he was the peoples champion and you will never convince me otherwise. RIP Brocky

Went to primary school with his son in the 70's. Peter would be around for fetes and the like, and was always happy to sign autographs, have photos.

I always remembered ogling over the school fence, mouth ajar at all the cars young James would be dropped off / collected in, heavily modified by HDT.

absolutely love this clip of his '91 hot lap...this is driving on the limit

This one is my preferred:

The legendary last lap of the 1979 Bathurst enduro. Peter Brock takes the race win by a massive six lap lead, setting a new lap record on this final lap.

• 1 month later...

The recent TV series shown on network  10  over two nights about his personal life was very interesting ,,,,It has copped some flake from Die hard fans and the media ,,,,,regardless i did find it interesting and entertaining it took me back to my Youth in the 70,s and 80,s well worth a watch if you haven,t seen it ........... :)

• 1 year later...

Yep, a fan for almost 4 decades. Sold my VL Brocky to enter the Porsche market. Met him on many occasion over a 16 year period. always had time for a chat, and made you feel special while doing so.

Archived