New member Brisbane - GT3 pics

70RTY

Hi all,

Just a quick intro.  I have just become the proud owner a 997.1 GT3 after selling my 996.2 GT3 a couple of months ago.  

This has gone to a new home:

394972_373656359392187_178905789_n.jpg

Replaced by a 997.1 GT3.  I am looking to replace the touring seats with race seats.  If anyone has club sport seats and would like to discuss a trade please PM me.

997GT3_4_7127_1024.jpg

I had it out at QR last week

Timeattack12Sept2013019-ZF-4976-12321-1-

Timeattack12Sept2013410-ZF-4976-12321-1-

I look forward to sharing information on this forum with other Aussie enthusiasts

Hello there mate, from one gt3 brother to another; welcome!!!

I think I recall you posted on Rennlist looking for a 7 CS? Did you settle on a touring in the end?

Also how does 7.1 compare to 6.2?

Look forward to hearing your feedback. :)

Enjoy

Cheers, K

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yes, I was looking for a CS and settled on the touring with the cage already fitted.  Looked for a couple months and nothing (priced realistically) came up.  I was missing track outings and patience is not my strong suit...

My initial impressions regarding the 6.2 vs the 7.1 are as follows:

• overall they feel very similar
  • the brakes on the 997 have a much more progressive feel 
  • the extra torque of the 997 is evident around town - I can generally drive a gear higher than I would have in the 996.2
  • the ride around town is better in the 997 if you leave the suspension in 'normal' mode.  It firms up to 996 levels in 'sport'
  • it feels MUCH more stable in fast corners than the 996.  This was evident in turns 1 and 2 at QR
  • the 996 seemed to deliver more 'seat of the pants' feel.  I miss this to some extent.  However, I had the factory Recaros and harnesses in my 996.  I'll reserve judgement until I have the same set up in the 997
  • 997 is only 3 years newer but feels more modern by 10 years - especially inside.  Both cars have rattles which can be remedied by burying the throttle. 
  • seating position was better in the 996.  I am sure this will be rectified by race seats.
  • gear shift is 'notchier' and less fluid than the 996.  The 997 has a very definite feel to its action
  • front axle lift kit is worth its weight in gold.  I no longer have tourette like outbursts at every driveway or speed bump.  I think my blood pressure has dropped too.
  • 997 looks heaps better

It will be interesting to see how the 997 stacks up on track against the 6.  For reference, I managed a 57.02 on the sprint track at QR with road legal semi slicks.  The best I could manage last week was 58.4 on street tyres and alignment (plus I was rusty).

clutch-monkey - yeah I had the R35 but definitely have been bitten by the GT3 bug.  What happened to your silver GT3?

70RTY,

Fantastic new car, love it white as well... but I have to say, gee that blue one looked awesome also!!! Not meaning to undermine the new car feeling... after all, you can't have everything... where would you put it!?  :P  :D  :D (Cheers Mr Wright)

Kerry

PS On a stacker is the answer btw...  <_<  ^_^

Archived