Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

The car was last sold through Patrix Prestige in Melbourne in ~ '09 (approx $60K), I enquired after it back then when I was hungry for a tiptronic but didn't have my finances sorted, and it sold to the current owner. He has had it listed for sale on-and-off since 2011, initially for $52K.

So it's now got leprosy or something? 

Will

That would require a level of computer skill not often seen in these parts. Ill see what I can do after Targa West in a week or two.

Thanks heaps. Sorry for random request but it amazed me that you know about a car on carsales that doesn't have pics listed : ).

Will

I got tipped off a couple of weeks ago that it was hitting the market. Priced high, but its the old "where can you find another one" situation.

Im not sure if it was Perth delivered originally but if it was someone will probably pop up here snd buy it as that seems to matter in WA.

About knowing this sort of stuff, Ive been playing with Porsches for so long that all sorts of things just pop up. Keeps life entertaining!

I thought perhaps it had a new odo put in after compliance?

So that should be clearly stated. It's not a requirement of compliance , as my "LHD Jap" odo will attest.

The odos do break , but if not repaired the old one should stay with the car IMO, and the change clearly annotated.

if this circumstance ever comes up (or something similar) I wonder if it's worth using that online service to lookup the real odo reading from Japanese rego papers?

there was something on facebook about it, I'm sure Babalouie will know

The vendor has clearly stated that he bought the car for it's very low mileage, has provided a pic of the odo at 2993kms, and has specified the mileage to be 3000kms - I suspect he believes the car to have genuinely done 3000kms  :blink: