Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

The state of the engine will probably determine if it is an "absolute bargain" or not. Unfortunately the advert doesn't specifically mention any engine work so that makes me think there could be some money to spend. Then again, I could be completely wrong... :blink:

Even if it needs a top end, still great value

Even if it needs a top end, still great value

I couldnt help myself and called this morning.. he was kinda busy but said he had 3 people very interested and all offering to pay over the asking price.. he said if that intersted me he'd call me back.. 

I wonder if any of them have seen it yet to be offering more money?

At least one of the punters has to be on this forum.. 

I presume the knackered gbox and clutch swallowed up most of the 12k spent the past year? Indeed I'd be keen to know what has been done (or needs to be done) to the top end before rushing in.

"These are all $50k cars" lol , it used to be 40k :) That said . this sc looks like a pretty clean example.

At least one of the punters has to be on this forum.. 

You'd be right.

Anyhow, I did not get the right "vibe" from this seller.

Offered more than what he told me the best offer was (already over asking price) and he then said than deal can only be done tonight and I need to show up with bank cheque otherwise someone else is buying it tomorrow morning (flying from Melbourne and buying it sight unseen).

I presume the knackered gbox and clutch swallowed up most of the 12k spent the past year? Indeed I'd be keen to know what has been done (or needs to be done) to the top end before rushing in.

"These are all $50k cars" lol , it used to be 40k :) That said . this sc looks like a pretty clean example.

According to seller - Top end done at 110 K km and odo reading now at 280 K. You would think it would be up for another rebuild possibly incl. bottom end this timer around....

I had the same "vibe" talking to a seller of a certain Carrera and it turned out he was dishonest and the car was submerged/written off (discussed in this very thread some pages back). I have learnt to trust my gut.

There is scientific explanation how this works and why we should listen to the "vibe/gut/sixth sense". 

yeah,.. that carrera was an interesting one!

I got a text from the SC fella.. it's sold!

NONE of these cars seems to come up in Qld at all... i reckon there is a dollar to be made by buying these cars sight unseen, and trucking them up and selling them here...

Who's in???

For all those bargain hunters out there , never attempt to explain the logic of the following to your wife/husband, GF/BF , other...

"Any given model of vehicle in good condition is worth X dollars. If you purchase the vehicle for X minus Y dollars, you will end up spending Y dollars on it (or Y plus Z) to bring it up to an acceptable condition."

You'd be right.

Anyhow, I did not get the right "vibe" from this seller.

Offered more than what he told me the best offer was (already over asking price) and he then said than deal can only be done tonight and I need to show up with bank cheque otherwise someone else is buying it tomorrow morning (flying from Melbourne and buying it sight unseen).

I know the seller in this instance and he was bowled over by the number of callers - over 20 within hours of listing.

Having owned a number of 911 I am amazed so many were prepared to buy sight unseen. Car is gone for significantly more than listed price. Red hot market for australian delivered coupes.

Having owned a number of 911 I am amazed so many were prepared to buy sight unseen. 

Either loaded - or naive.

Theoretically (not this car) , what happens to the value when a leakdown reveals an engine needing a rebuild? 15-20k, which the new owner hasn't budgeted for. Hang onto it until saved up enough , or put it back on the market at ??$?

Always interesting to speculate!

PS a substantial war chest is worth its weight in gold with these cars.