Best Colour Combo - that isn't silver & black?!

Kerry

Purely by chance......... (is there even such a thing?)........ I happened upon this shot today, and it got me thinking....

Irrespective of keeping the auto in its factory frock, what is the best colour combo?!

Not sure if this is it, but there something pretty good about long bonnets in a retro coloured scheme!

1148978_10151636941805787_950916684_n_zp

Thoughts?

Kerry

Just walked home to go to the bookshelves in the garage (my son booted all of me Pcar mags out when he did his alphabetisation of the library inside! :blink: ah, the snobbery of youth! ) in search of the ultimate colour scheme from my memory but just couldn't find him!  :angry:

So, imagine if you will...

S/T I think, GT stripes (fat in the middle, thinner ones either side) on emerald green base, with lighter green and cream stripes...... stripes went from rego plate to rego plate, and I seem to remember it also had a sunroof... Ringing any bells, pretty sure it was in a GT PORSCHE mag from about 4-6 years ago.

OK, from memory... <_<

ColourScheme_zps7f8e8aea.jpg

Kerry

Something metallic brownish or goldish with a tan interior, I think Kerry. Saw an early car years ago in Melbourne. Cool bananas.

Otherwise I agree with Vas. I had a 1973 RS clone years ago. blut orange with a black interior. Scheel seats in corduroy. Still cant work out why I sold it as all my friends remember it as a knockout. Stan Adler's old car. Had more engines than I've had hot dinners. It now has a 2.9RSR engine in it, and has been repainted the wrong orange. Shame. Not half the car it was.........except for the motor.

Purely by chance......... (is there even such a thing?)........ I happened upon this shot today, and it got me thinking....

Irrespective of keeping the auto in its factory frock, what is the best colour combo?!

Not sure if this is it, but there something pretty good about long bonnets in a retro coloured scheme!

1148978_10151636941805787_950916684_n_zp

Thoughts?

Kerry

On second inspection it dawned on me...this Irish green with cream interior is exactly the same as my first (toy) Porsche. :)

My dad in about 1979, 80.

I love this pic and the colour combo ,74 2.7 Aust hill climb champ :) 

img004_zpse701440d.jpg

That is awesome! Vas what was the interior color?  Love that pic too :)

And check out that yellow XW or is it a XY in the background! I can't quite make out the tail lights

For me, any air cooled 911 with a bright colored duco and a bright matching tartan interior!

As for modern cars, love the colored interiors like my Terracotta and the shades of red!  And the cars in a light duco :)

Whats not to love about this! Photo taken from Autohaus Hamiltion FB page 

1375044_553878268018691_1525080555_n.jpg

And of course my interior that I love immensely with my arctic silver!

9289513113_c146d1fd50_c.jpg

DSCF0190 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

Doug, I am not sure.

Dad sold the car to a guy in NSW and I never saw it again.

However, I went to play golf at Moonah Links last year and could not believe my eyes when I saw it in the car park.

It was the same car, in fact it was still in the same condition as the last time I saw it 30 years ago.

I rang dad and told him, it bought back some great memories.

Anyhow I think only a few came in that colour. It had new Vic rego on it so I thought it had been sold back to someone in vic.

I never saw the one for sale in NSW so I am not sure on the history of that car.

He also had for a short time a silver one the same as Kerry.

I always tell dad how much they are worth now and we have a laugh.

I would love to buy one and give it to him one day :rolleyes:

Amanda, the interior was black.

Dad had a small seat made for me to sit in the back between my two sisters.

Not the most comfy seat.

I could talk about that car for hours. Porsche at that time was such a special car, it was a great era. :)

Archived