STOLEN...RENMAX BRABHAM & TRAILER

Niko

with any luck, because of its value and as its not a road car they will be charged with more than just car theft. anyone know how that works?

If....... they get an offender, it will probably be Burglary plus a theft of the car and trailer , and if they did any damage whist doing the theft they may get a criminal damage thrown in.   All smack on the wrist stuff unless they have some reasonable priors.    Unfortunately

You have to wonder if the Media had taken this on earlier would it have been found a lot quicker?

I still think they probably went for the trailer and the car inside was a bonus.

Hopefully we will find out more about where it was actually located.

Good ending, thanks Arthur.   One would think if it had hit the news when it was originally stolen it may have been dumped on the side of the road a lot earlier...

Good news and bad news.

Good - its been found.

Bad - Its not well.

I have finally had a chance to go over some of the car and it does not look good.

It was run and it is covered in mud and gravel .

The half shafts are bent and broken and the cars rims are bent on the right hand side rear where it has hit something.

The front RH side is sitting up 15 mm and the chassis may be bent and the alloy under tray is bent.

The wheels are pointing the wrong way, bent front end.

The rack looks bent but will have to have it looked at.

The bodywork will have to be repaired and fully repainted.

A new rear wing will be required as the old one is bent in the centre.

Gearbox and clutch will have to be inspected and tested as will all of the uprights and arms.

A new radiator and duct will have to be made.

The engine looks like it was cooked and it has no water in it.

A lot of small parts have been removed and it looks like they were going to paint it.

So basically a full rebuild from the ground up.

I would very much appreciate it if you could pass on my heartfelt thanks for all the help, support, positive comments and thoughts it was a great help knowing that I was not alone throughout this ordeal.

It goes to show us how close the different motor racing groups actually are.

Thanks Again

Jay Bondini

Hmmm bugga, lots of work ahead again. Think he wanted to have it back and running by March.

Nice thank you from Jay.

Let's hope they catch the morons, and we find out why it was stolen in the first place

reading that makes me so mad..................

Amanda has mentioned it previously but I always think of the quote from Pulp Fiction in regards to "it would have almost been worth them doing it if I had of caught them..........." 

Good news he has it back, better news if they find the people responsible for the damage. 

• 3 weeks later...

MORE GOOD NEWS

MAN CHARGED WITH THEFT OF RARE RACE CAR

TUESDAY, 28 JANUARY 2014 16:02  PRINT   EMAIL

Knox Crime Investigation Unit detectives have today charged a man following the theft of a rare race car last month.

The rare race car, a 1970 Rennmax worth $320,000, was allegedly stolen from a factory in Rowville between 11am on 21 December and 10am on 22 December.

The car was located on 8 January and reunited with it’s owner.

Detectives today executed search warrants at two residential addresses in Boronia and Belgrave South around 7am.

A number of items were seized as evidence from the Boronia address.

A 33-year-old man was arrested and interviewed in relation to the incident.

He was charged with theft of motor vehicle and trailer, and handling stolen goods.

The Boronia man was bailed to appear at Ringwood Magistrates’ Court on 12 May 2014.

Acting Senior Sergeant Anita Brens

Media Officer

VP31893/2013

Thats terrible news re the damage to the car.   I think Jay should be able to break the offenders rims, bend his shafts, cook him and whatever else that he did to that magnficent car!

Grrr and what for?  Really senseless.. thieves are the lowest form of scum (so my Dad always said but I'd have to agree!)

Good stuff....hope a claim for compensation goes in if there is a conviction....

compo from what?  These low lifes have no assets that can be converted to compo.  And then there's the lawyer costs.  you'd end up owing more!

let the insurance compnay pay up.

Better yet, some old fashioned pay back, 5 minutes alone etc,etc..

Harves.....Harves.....Harves.....

They.... be it Jay or the relevant Insurance Company will be able to claim compensation once a conviction is attained.

Why wouldn't you?   Even if they have to pay back $10.00 a week, who cares, it is still a PITA  TO the thief/Handler.

Who knows, they may have a property or goods that the Sheriff can seize at the time or if in the future the offender comes into money.

Bugger them, nothing to lose by claiming re-imbursement for damage they have caused.

The debt remains...

You can always go civilly if need be as well.   But best a Magistrate or a Judge issue the order.

BTW.....The courts normally (should) deliver a harder penalty, if they are convicted of Handling Stolen Goods,and not the actual theft.

if there were no Handlers there would be no thief's.   Thats the theory anyway. 

Your "Kerbside Justice" idea is ok by me though....

Archived