Gemballa GTR450

Uncle

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

LOL is it wrong to admit I miss the smell of an old car?

Testify brother!

I thought it was just me that liked the smell of old cars, but I'm with you all the way on this.

Well loved old cars smell fantastic...you can keep your new car smell. Give me old leather, hot oil and partially unburnt hydrocarbons every time.

Hey Uncle have you seen a white Gemballa Cayenne getting around your neck of the woods?

I saw it a couple of weeks ago dropping into Westy from the top roundabout, was going very slow with the hazards on, flat tyre or in limp mode maybe, it has black wheels and black Gemballa script on the side, first time I have ever seen one.

Hey Uncle have you seen a white Gemballa Cayenne getting around your neck of the woods?

I saw it a couple of weeks ago dropping into Westy from the top roundabout, was going very slow with the hazards on, flat tyre or in limp mode maybe, it has black wheels and black Gemballa script on the side, first time I have ever seen one.

Can't say I have mate. 

James you get it. The new Gumball is awesome but its just so,....polite. And yeah not smelling like burnt oil and  PULP.

• 2 weeks later...

So after driving this thing for the last two weeks as a daily while my wife had my Hilux to do what a wife who can build stuff will do. I've had somewhat of an epiphany. Whilst I do still really miss my old car and the joys old cars can bring, I think I've been talking down in my head just how damn good this car is. Call it a rebound relationship if you will. Cars are a tool for me. They give me the power to move quickly though the landscape in a manor that I enjoy. 

Now after a few weeks I can see what I'd been missing before. I'd let romance get in the way of the truth. While this car might be a little slower than my 911 turbo in a straight line it is in the harsh light of day a better car. 

Next steps. A wheel alignment. No matter how I drive once pushed it wants to understeer first. That's not cool. 

So I gave my wife the car the other week to take the mother-in-law out to lunch. She came home with a huge grin saying it's a bit fast but it's awesome. Last night she dropped an easy  "So when can I drive your car next" whilst we ate dinner. Oh dear...

Archived