Gemballa GTR450

Uncle

O.K so rather than mess up another section of the forum I thought I'd start a thread on my current car.

It was bought new from Porsche centre in Parramatta with a tourist delivery organised. They don't do this anymore but its a great idea. You buy a car from a dealer fly over the the fatherland pick up your car from the factory and drive it around Europe  on a nice holiday then ship it home. Too easy.

IMG_1776_zpsbdb89f7e.jpg

The Australian gent who bought my car is my new hero. His spec level and the next bit he did is exactly what I would of done if I have a lazy couple of hundred K floating around. 

Spec wise he ordered the least luxo spec Boxster S that he could and drove the car directly from Porsche to Gemballer and spent a cubic $$$,$$$ on making it fast. I love the guy. Here is one of many receipts in the folder. I'm going to find someone who can read German to tell me what they all say. You should be able to work out how I know the power spec of this car..

IMG_1781_zpsb6bdee66.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll send this link to a mate who may be able to help with the German. Great car, enjoyed the posts in the other thread and looking forward to learning more about your new ride in this one.

Cheers Al

I'll send this link to a mate who may be able to help with the German. Great car, enjoyed the posts in the other thread and looking forward to learning more about your new ride in this one.

Cheers Al

Thanks Al. I've got about 3 more pages like that I can scan if your mate cares to take a look at them.

What's the plan Martin? Competitions , I hope  :) Mods? Waiting to see what you can score in the 1/4

1st thing is to getting it looking like it did when it left Gemballer and to neaten up the some small stuff. After that it's going to get an some exhaust work done. Above about 4,000RPM it sounds like a really angry vacuum set to blow but someone has put a drinking straw on the end. Zero engine note and all strangled wheeze. 

It prolly won't see the 1/4 but as close to a minute at Wakefield park as I can get will be the real challenge.

Awesome Martin.

Cannot wait to hear and see... (we're probs gonna need a few pic to repopulate from the other thread.) ;)

Are your cheeks starting to hurt from smiling excessantly?!  :)  :mellow:  :rolleyes:  :D

Thanks Al. I've got about 3 more pages like that I can scan if your mate cares to take a look at them.

1st thing is to getting it looking like it did when it left Gemballer and to neaten up the some small stuff. After that it's going to get an some exhaust work done. Above about 4,000RPM it sounds like a really angry vacuum set to blow but someone has put a drinking straw on the end. Zero engine note and all strangled wheeze. 

It prolly won't see the 1/4 but as close to a minute at Wakefield park as I can get will be the real challenge.

I sent the link to Graeme to see if he could help you with the translation, I'll let you know if I hear from him. He's across the street so should see him tomorrow or next day.

Cheers Al

Congrats on the new toy. That's the best way to shut down all the usual Boxster excuses like "it's got great handling and balance so it doesn't need lots of power." Now you've got both, and plenty of it. What a car!!!

I dont read much German, but I can read enough to know that to twin turbo your ride cost close enough to 50,000 Euro.  Holly Crap, $76500 in todays aussie dollar.  Well done, what a fantastic buy!! Cheers Steve

Ok so a few picking it up photo's and what not. Sorry they are all iphone but my good camera had had a fit and crapped itself. 

So Warwick the guy I bought the car from picked me up from the airport in his mod'ed Lambo. The Tubi exahust made it a very nice place to be with the banging and popping on decel.

3F77E5C9-2243-4494-8046-0DA98C8E93F6_zps

After doing the deal I loaded up made a quick 20 minute pitstop to my mates place who checked it out for me had a quick beer said thanks then aimed it for home light the afterburners and held on.

This shot was taken at Grafton on my only long stop to refuel both me and the car.

B2883CA2-FFA0-46CB-8C62-1AA1F1280657_zps

The less than desirable GT3 type graphics that I took off the day after I got home.

2C21067C-6BC0-4B68-A75B-19525E971751_zps

11 hours after lighting the wick I was home with a beer in my hand a sore neck and smile a mile wide.

F73DA452-C8B2-42E4-B634-35428283B951_zps

So the next day I got up washed the bugs off and started on getting rid of the graphics with some gentle heat and gentle fingernail work. After I got them off I used some eucalyptus oil to get rid of the gum that was left over and then I gave it a wax and polish to seal the paint back up. The whole car needs a good clay and polish but that will come in the next few days.

9D63124B-09E5-45ED-8550-B35F252A0C89_zps

D11D45DE-4675-4CAB-AB49-C2D3608F9D5A_zps

Yeah after the sun went down I dropped the roof for an hour or so. 

The correct factory door stickers have now been ordered. On Wednesday I've made plans to put it on a mates hoist so I can have a good look under the car. Number one on the list is the exhaust. It sounds very very restrictive clearly to meet ADR's.

You've got to love a first owner with a sense of humour.

Twin turbos on a Boxster, only Gemballa would try such a thing.

That will end the Clarkson Boxster jokes you would hope.

Uncle, congratulations.

You're about to find out why its a good idea to have the extra leverage of a rear engined twin turbo 911 when you plant the welly.

This little silver bullet you've bought should spin the wheels in most gears!

Fantastic!

Archived