New Unmarked Cop Cars - VW Amorak

BAFE

Passed a car pulled over on Dorset Rd Croydon this afternoon by an unmarked bloody Amorak !!

All the concealed LED lights etc. with a uniformed officer inside

car was a shitty, grey brown colour.

getting harder to spot!! 

I feel sorry for you guys (& Amanda) in VIC, seems like there is no level too low to stoop to in an effort to kerb the evil demon speed (oops, did I mean raise revenue). At least we have warning signs in NSW. Yes, definitely can't let drivers drive to the conditions & use some level of intelligence in deciding what's safe. I still don't get unmarked cars, what happened to "visible policing presence" to remind drivers. Obviously much better to hide in the bushes & catch one driver than be visible & remind a hundred to take it easy, sorry rant over.

Nooooo!

This guy won't be happy ; always good to make you smile after a hard day at the office [  ]

Actually I won't post the you tube because I will get into netcop trouble,  but the Super Angry Aussie from Croyden is his name.

I'm battling the staying at 50km/hr rule , spend more time glancing at the speedo than watching for cyclists. Seriously someone's going to get into trouble one of these days.

I don't even have a carphone or other distractions (mp3 players , cupholders , burghers, anklebiters etc). I should be able to feed back into the grid with my copious amounts driving goodness.

I feel sorry for you guys (& Amanda) in VIC, seems like there is no level too low to stoop to in an effort to kerb the evil demon speed (oops, did I mean raise revenue). At least we have warning signs in NSW. Yes, definitely can't let drivers drive to the conditions & use some level of intelligence in deciding what's safe. I still don't get unmarked cars, what happened to "visible policing presence" to remind drivers. Obviously much better to hide in the bushes & catch one driver than be visible & remind a hundred to take it easy, sorry rant over.

I don't think he means an unmarked speed camera car, rather an unmarked patrol car. Plenty of them in Sydney. I was once pulled over and booked by a cop in a black M5. I have also seen someone get pulled over by a Mini!

As a late teen I used to be mistaken as NSW Police in a RAAF reserve uniform in what they used - an unmarked Holden GTR !    :ph34r:

Worried looks as I waved drivers to the side of the road for stupid driving then drove past shaking the finger.

could be worse, if you're lucky and near Petrie you'll get pulled over by a hummer H2

225904_173998169323510_2036828_n.jpg

or there is a Ford Transit cab with an alloy tray and lights hidden in it (which must be part of the mounted police but I've seen a picture of it without the trailer booking someone)

294691_526433774038977_2114741226_n.jpg

and then there are these rodeos/colorados running round the northside:

1422435_10152072137018489_590325417_n.jp

or a black SS ute with a chev badge and stickers, or this:

249708_173998125990181_78244_n.jpg

It is a recognised fact that a visible Police presence is a deterrent to all sorts of naughty behaviours.

More and more Police going undercover is contradictory, isn't it?

Unless, of course, there is a valid reason to do so.

Have you googled your state's annual budget?  I did the exercise a year or two ago; at that time the budget revealed that the state of NSW was expecting to reap $74 for every single man, woman, child and infant from traffic fines.  Given that many infants don't drive, that means that you as a motorist would be responsible for a disproportionate contribution. 

I suspect that the government is short of cash. 

Saw a fully marked highway patrol car sitting in plain view with radar checking traffic on Footscray Rd this afternoon. I much prefer this in your face policing. It puts you on notice to do the right thing. Sneaky hidden cameras just give me the shits.

Saw a Rodeo or something similar sitting on the side of the road, just south of Tamworth.  All white with a discrete camera attached to the rear corner.  Logo on the door "Anywhere, Anytime"

Road was straight, broken white lines, good visibility…..

Archived