Who rides a motorbike?

Guest Harold

Guest Harold

wow, when i posted the thread i had no idea we had so many members that love two wheels just like it do. Once you have ridden a sports bike you realise there are vey few fast cars in the world.

I am a long time member of the Ulysses club, any other members here?

Stay safe and may your lid never skid.

wow, when i posted the thread i had no idea we had so many members that love two wheels just like it do. Once you have ridden a sports bike you realise there are vey few fast cars in the world.

I am a long time member of the Ulysses club, any other members here?

Stay safe and may your lid never skid.

I thought that I remembered that the Ulysses club was for old Farts, It seems my memory was skewed as I see they are actually letting young whippersnappers of just 40 years of age in.Do they have a seniors discount?

did someone say bikes? Ive tried to post some picks but just cant....

I have a single cyl A100 post classic racer (ornament)

2 cyl TL1000R (ive had sine new in 1999)

3 cylinder Triumph 1050 (gorgeous machine)

4 cyl MV Augusta Brutalle 910R (exquisite machine)

to complete the cylinder collection i have a

5 Cyl Focus as a sort of daily and the

6cyl SC

looking for a 7 cylinder machine to link up the 8 im dying to get....

I can't go past my 2011 BMW R1200GS (twin air cooled boxer) that and my '78 Targa.

It doesn't get much better than this :)

Yep and a Ulysses member as well, its worth becoming a member if just for the discount on insurance alone.

Wow.. so many very cool bikes.. I'm not surprised in the least. It seems that Porsche owners make tasteful mcycle owners too.. Here is my Sport 1000..

file-9.jpg

And here is my gt1000

file_zpsbba89f1b.jpg

And finally, here is my 1978 CB400T that started life last year in a box of bits.. took it apart and complete rebuilt it.. it's off to a new home tomorrow.

sideshot2_zps9cfe07fe.jpg

Guest Harold

I thought that I remembered that the Ulysses club was for old Farts, It seems my memory was skewed as I see they are actually letting young whippersnappers of just 40 years of age in.Do they have a seniors discount?

It is really for old farts but at 40 someone can become an associate member. Full membership at 50. It really is a great place for older people that love to ride. There are many people I know who are 70 plus whose life would be empty without the friendship and activities promoted by the club. Consider we get circa 4,500 bikes at our AGM's every year regardless of where it is.

Guest Harold

I can't go past my 2011 BMW R1200GS (twin air cooled boxer) that and my '78 Targa.

It doesn't get much better than this :)

Yep and a Ulysses member as well, its worth becoming a member if just for the discount on insurance alone.

I just ordered the new water cooled R1200RT which should be delivered sometime next week. If you do the first aid course, advanced rider course then the discounts you get mean you have just saved the cost of three years of membership. It is a bargain in any language. Which club are you attached to? I mix with both the northern beaches and Hornsby clubs.

Some very nice bike guys. I've only had the one bike, a 2006 R6 which I bought in 2008 to learn to ride on. I sold it last year as it just wasn't being used. The plan was to upgrade to an R1 then eventually a Ducati but I got bitten by the Porsche bug and prefer 4 wheels to two now days. Learnt the hard way.

I usually ride with the Thursday group which is a mixture of all Sydney chapters. The rides are usually long and hard. Only one or two Harleys in this group as they can't keep up :)

I used to go to the Northern Beaches meetings but its a bit out of the way for me...

Own a Harley, have not ridden it once since I got the 911. I cant bring myself to sell it though I put a lot of time into it. Would love a Ducati but always thought I would kill myself on one. I seem to handle 4 wheels better than 2.

All these Ducati pics is getting me thinking FAR too much!!

Onsite today, the client has number 298 of 300 MV Agusta 'Senna' in his lounge room

Absolutely spotless bike with 20,000k's on the clock. It's for sale too! $23k PM me if anyone is keen, I have his number

Update edit. This is the bike for sale

20140507_121311.jpg

Archived