Who rides a motorbike?

Guest Harold

Guest Harold

Whilst I really like my 991S I would gladly give it up tomorrow to ride my bike. There is nothing like riding a powerful motorbike through fast sweeping curves and onto the open road.

Anyone else enjoy riding? What do you ride? I have a 2007 K1200GT BMW that I traded in last Saturday on a newer model.

LOL,

First thought when I read the title was "do you need an organ donor ?"

No, I don't.  Always wanted to, but never brave enough. Envy the guys and girls that do.

Trials bikes were more my speed

No, I don't.  Always wanted to, but never brave enough.

Surely that's has to be an ironic statement coming from a 930 owner!!!!!

I'll admit that my interest in having an air cooled stemmed from the need for a motorcycle substitute and rarely miss them now that I'm now usefully distracted by two old cars.  Although I still get excited around them until my sensible side wrestles control over the emotional with the voice in my head saying: "you're too fat to reach the clip ons", "you'll lose your licence first ride", "you're too dimwitted and unco now", etc, etc. 

Last bike was a GSXR1100 and I loved sweepers too.

My old blade is my baby had her since 98 she is a 96 model, she is a track bike now.

I have had the new boxster out at the track a few times but it just doesnt compare every straight I yelling on the camera "come on" ever turn I set myself up and drop my shoulder and get frustrated cause the wheels are squeeling ( so I bought semi slicks)

The corners just dont come up fast enough and I just have way to much time to think

A bike you think with feel a car you have tije to weight up your options

Dont get me wrong the porsche fun the thd bike is way "funner"

Loved my bikes, the modern one is now gone though but I still  ride my old Triumph Bonneville whenever I can, still love it but would have to say the 911 is the favourite child at this point in time.....

9aebd8ab.jpg

Can I add 'had' bikes?

Think last count was 70 something (including 1 rare 1000cc, and 4 x 1100 Katana's Michel  ^_^ )

Raced for many years on dirt bikes, then far too many years on big bore bikes road racing. Won a state Thunderbike title then went national

Did 3 years national then the fun went out of it at a higher level I got too.

Havent ridden one on the street for a few years coz I'm a lunatic on a bike. My 'Flat out or forget it' mentality doesnt work on the roads!

Racing kinda ruined bikes for me unfortunately

Last bike I owned was a 190hp FZ1 Nakedbike I raced, then bought it from Yamaha a few years ago

I'd probably only buy a Harley Vrod if I was to get another bike. Comfy, but go like the proverbial excrement off a digging implement!

Had a bike license before I had a car license. Had bikes on and off through the last 40 odd years, last ride was a Yamaha Serow 250 road trail, had a lot of fun riding the trails around Lake Eildon. That was a couple of years ago now.

Yep. Got my first bike at a 4. Almost 36 years later I'm still riding in one way or another. Raced MX as a kid and was a (im)professional road bike stunt rider for quite a few years.

Right now I'm lacking a road bike and the feeling of needing another is growing. I've just got NFI what I want. 

I started riding when I had grown enough to meet my uncles rule of no riding till you can touch the ground. It was on a typical farmers CT110 Ag bike. When I got on the road it was on a bike first and it was a cpl of years later I got my car license. Sadly about 17 years later I had to swap 2 wheels for 2 wheels. 11 months in a wheel chair and a long recovery after that meant I have chosen not to ride anymore. I loved riding but the price I paid for someone else's mistake was just too high. These days I cringe when I see ppl riding without proper safety gear but I am envious when I ever I hear a nice bike. I miss the pure rush but figure a 944 turbo is as about as close as you can get(on my budget) to how a nice bike feels, pn 4 wheels.

Still got these two, even though I haven`t ridden them much in the last few years. I must add that I still feel far more comfortable going fast on a bike than in a car (even a porsche)

45_zpsdc6dc491.jpg

Bevolution_Nov_06_747.jpg

Rode dirt bikes for some time and I love it, now I have the 944 and having fun in that but it is hard to compare to riding as fast as you can through the old forest trails of Bulahdelah and spraying your mates with mud.

Not a great lover of riding on the road, I don't have enough eyes.

Have developed an obsession with twins. Banned from 18 year old models so have fallen in love with the next best things:

Current bikes:

Air cooled nostalgia: 1960 BMW R60, single seat, shaft drive, earles forks, could ride Melbourne - Sydney daily at 80kph

Two stroke Grand Prix nostalgia: 1977 Yamaha TZ350 E , customer Grand Prix bike, nothing, nothing, sky, ground, sky, ground

Italian v twin magic: Ducati 996s, forgiving, terrifying, soul-full, impossibly beautiful, paradigm redefining, track laying, tourqey, hero making

Ambition > tallant

Fear > bravery

Imagination > skills

I must admit the thought of fast road blasting is not as attractive as it was a decade ago. Give me Phillip island and clear dry tracks any day.

Have developed an obsession with twins. Banned from 18 year old models so have fallen in love with the next best things:

Current bikes:

Air cooled nostalgia: 1960 BMW R60, single seat, shaft drive, earles forks, could ride Melbourne - Sydney daily at 80kph

Two stroke Grand Prix nostalgia: 1977 Yamaha TZ350 E , customer Grand Prix bike, nothing, nothing, sky, ground, sky, ground

Italian v twin magic: Ducati 996s, forgiving, terrifying, soul-full, impossibly beautiful, paradigm redefining, track laying, tourqey, hero making

Ambition > tallant

Fear > bravery

Imagination > skills

I must admit the thought of fast road blasting is not as attractive as it was a decade ago. Give me Phillip island and clear dry tracks any day.

Your obsession with twins is because with motorbikes and cylinders Two is company, Three is a crowd and Four is just ridiculous 

3 is awesome when it's a Laverda 1000! A workmate had one way back in the day, I used to think up all kinds of excuses to swap transport with him to and from work. 

Still got these two, even though I haven`t ridden them much in the last few years. I must add that I still feel far more comfortable going fast on a bike than in a car (even a porsche)

45_zpsdc6dc491.jpg

Bevolution_Nov_06_747.jpg

851/888 is a bucket list bike for me as we have spoken about Steve.

Ive got a few bikes, love riding as much as i love driving my porsche.

Ducati 1200 Multistrada

Ducati 900 Monster , Turbo charged (1 of 5 worldwide)

Ducati 998 race bike (havent raced for a few years)

Harley Davidson 1200 FLH 1973 show bike

1976 Yamaha MX250 Race bike (I still race flat track)

1979 Suzuki RM400

1980 Yamaha Yz 465

1974 Honda ATC 70

1981 Honda Odessey

1991 Honda CT110

Plus a few project bikes

Since Buying my firts porsche a few weeks ago, Thinking of selling them all and buying another porsche!! ....... Na, I cant part with them,

exept for the Harley

I just bought my first bike. A rare vintage 1945 Simplex Servi Cycle - American made out of New Orleans.

It's being delivered to my shipping company this week to head to Australia. My first import.

Simplexfront_zps166b200b.jpg

Simplexrear_zpse7da8e02.jpg

Simplexside2_zpsdb05ef2c.jpg

Archived