CAYMAN reasonable price

Inverloch looks good. Double check with a mechanic to see if servicing is extra on the uk parts or if they can be replaced out with Australian/rest of world parts when they go.

I'd run down there and go for a test drive today. Double check with mechanic on Monday. Arrange PPI and go for it if it's what you're looking for.

When newer Caymans depreciate to what you're looking for the upgrade. Have you tried going out for a test drive in an S for comparison?

Oh Niko I were wrong, this is another car altogether...  it is $39,995 but is is just down the road in Inverloch!

Tomorrow looks like a nice day for a drive!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2006-Porsche-Cayman-2-7L-Manual-An-Outstanding-Example-/281426867732?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item4186593614&_uhb=1

No worries Trev, both are interesting cars and certainly a good prices...... ^_^

Inverloch looks good. Double check with a mechanic to see if servicing is extra on the uk parts or if they can be replaced out with Australian/rest of world parts when they go.

I'd run down there and go for a test drive today. Double check with mechanic on Monday. Arrange PPI and go for it if it's what you're looking for.

When newer Caymans depreciate to what you're looking for the upgrade. Have you tried going out for a test drive in an S for comparison?

That sounds like a good plan Mike, I am going to hang off though and see what pops up in the next 12 months.   I have had a loan CAYMAN S from Porsche Brighton once while I had the yellow one serviced.   I think I will hang out for an S.

The good news is yesterday morning, my wife actually came on board.   When I mentioned the N.S.W. Cayman had now dropped price (after reading Trevor's post above) she said, "well jump in the car and go to N.S.W. and have a look at it"  

Complete about face....Yahoo. :D

I said, "nah it would probably be gone by the time I got there knowing my luck."   Plus I added "I would prefer to sell the yellow one first before embarking on another car."    She replied 'well just keep both and sell the yellow one when you want".... :D

So how good was that.     I would prefer to sell off old yella first though to be practical.   

The dilema then comes that I'm really not sure I want to sell it off. :wacko:    It's a great car and running perfectly. B)     

I gave it a little blat on the way home from DAK DAK yesterday (read... fixed up a spanker in  a FowlCan Ute) and I thought,

I Love this car!

Anyway, I'm sounding like a dithering old bugger now.... Basically I think I am in the market for a Cayman S. :)    

This thread is getting risky for me each time I pop in to have a look lol.

You and me both.    They are a great looking car, the classic 911 styling with all the mod cons, handling and power....hhhmmmmmm.

Gee, some compelling deals out there on Cayman... maybe I should tell the old man to buy one and start living a little! 

My strategy is "oh, sorry, didn't I tell you? Oh well, too late now."

Payback was swift though - her sister took us to the "diamond park" in Dubai while we were there and I was guilted into a purchase.. I tried the "why would you want diamonds" and all I got was a wry smile and "really?" look. Still got off lightly though.....

I prefer the buy it then worry about the fallout strategy.

What's that saying? It's easier to ask for forgiveness? :lol:

My other half, she just doesn't care anymore & doesn't want to hear about it... not bad really. 

Price reduced from $46.800  down to $45.500  

The clutch & Flywheel have just been replaced at 77000K?   Is that a bit early?  

only asking because I really don't know, not criticising it.

Otherwise it ticks a lot of boxes   

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/SSE-AD-2740240?WT.seg_4=PriceAlert

JUST GOT A CARSALES alert....

This one just jumped up to $55k....WTF

Maybe they wanted to sell it quick but aren't in as much of a rush now.

Looks that way doesn't it.    Opportunity lost, I guess in some ways.  

And in reality I think unfortunately that is probably more of a realistic price.  

He might be a bit peed off that it didn't sell and has now said bugger it put it up and if it sells it sells.

I see it now has 11 months rego on it as well I don't think it had that on the original add, so he is in for the long haul now I'd say.

Don't blame him and wish him luck. 

Well if you are still interested in that car then give him a call and let him know you saw the original ad. Either he justifies the massive price increase or is open to some value closer to his original price.

It sounds like you're still interested so have a chat to him. Maybe if he thinks you're serious enough and he's a nice guy he might be able to let you in on a few issues or point you to someone else who has the perfect Cayman for you for sale.

Might stick with the original plan, wait for an S to pop up and if it's at the right price go for that one.

But happy to sit tight at the moment, see what appears over the next 12 months.

Might stick with the original plan, wait for an S to pop up and if it's at the right price go for that one.

But happy to sit tight at the moment, see what appears over the next 12 months.

Niko, i'v driven both and would go for the S too. The regular cayman was nice, but after trying the S, the non S was lacking

55 is more like the usual listing price.

IMO they hoping to achieve this since their loss in depreciation is so great. Dealers will offer them nothing near this though.

Find one you really want and offer a reasonable amount above dealer price it will be yours.

Beautiful car under appreciated IMO

Archived