CAYMAN reasonable price

Price reduced from $46.800  down to $45.500  

The clutch & Flywheel have just been replaced at 77000K?   Is that a bit early?  

only asking because I really don't know, not criticising it.

Otherwise it ticks a lot of boxes   

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/SSE-AD-2740240?WT.seg_4=PriceAlert

Just my opinion, but if it is a city car that gets driven around town and not highway runs etc, clutch seems not out of the ballpark.

I bought my Boxster with less than 60km on it, with the PPI noting a new clutch is not far off.

Does look like a nice car at a good price.

Just my opinion, but if it is a city car that gets driven around town and not highway runs etc, clutch seems not out of the ballpark.

I bought my Boxster with less than 60km on it, with the PPI noting a new clutch is not far off.

Does look like a nice car at a good price.

Fair enough, I guess clutches do go depending on where it is driven and Sydney envisages a lot of bumper to bumper stuff. :(

It was more the replacement of the flywheel that surprised me, although after chatting to a couple of people on the weekend appears every two clutches or thereabouts you should replace the flywheel.

I am old school (read dinosaur) and have been through lots of clutches and pressure plates in my younger days but never ever replaced a flywheel.   

Things have changed obviously.

Re-iterating I am not questioning the car for sale, if it was in Melb I would definitely be having a look.

Plus it is in NIKO-RED which is a plus. :D

Fyi - i only got 2 services done... 

The first one was minor I think.. i supplied the oil and filter.. I think I was up for $300 or $400 in labour.

The last one I got just before selling included  brake flush, new drive belt, new spark plugs plus oil, filter etc... that one was about $1100. At Porsche Centre Brisbane.

OK - whilst that red car is nice.. it isn't an S.. like this one.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-2884269

Plus this one has the sports chrono pack...

Dunno if it is still available.

That is nice.    

I have to admit IF.......I did go for one (Mrs NIKO would have to be talked into it)

I would probably want the S.   Otherwise I would be forever kicking myself when I seen an S on the road.

Having said that I drove Amanda's 987 Box non S and it was very impressive.

I have to admit IF.......I did go for one (Mrs NIKO would have to be talked into it)

I would probably want the S.   Otherwise I would be forever kicking myself when I seen an S on the road.

You are dead right Niko. It would drive me nuts every time an S went by.

I can hear the words in my head now. 'You idiot why did you not wait till the right S came up, they aren't that much more on the used market"

Does Mrs Niko know what you are thinking?

Hmmm, sorta, I have shown her the red Cayman on the site and mentioned how good a price it is, and when I see one on the road I point them out to her....(not that you see that many unfortunately) So my strategy is to make her aware of my interest, so if the right time/opportunity does pop up, it won't be like an ambush. But her interest at this stage is disappointing. But I'm working on it.

Hmmm, sorta, I have shown her the red Cayman on the site and mentioned how good a price it is, and when I see one on the road I point them out to her....(not that you see that many unfortunately) So my strategy is to make her aware of my interest, so if the right time/opportunity does pop up, it won't be like an ambush. But her interest at this stage is disappointing. But I'm working on it.

It's called "planting the seed" Niko.

Stage 2 = "What if" scenarios ;)

If it's any good that is a great price, I quite like the Cayman. I think I'd just get sick of saying "No its not the 4wd, that's the Cayenne" every time someone asked what I drove  :D

Or "Isn't that a spice , too?"

To which you respond : "No , that's cumin. Stop giving me curry"  :rolleyes:

It's called "planting the seed" Niko.

Stage 2 = "What if" scenarios ;)

My strategy is "oh, sorry, didn't I tell you? Oh well, too late now."

Payback was swift though - her sister took us to the "diamond park" in Dubai while we were there and I was guilted into a purchase.. I tried the "why would you want diamonds" and all I got was a wry smile and "really?" look. Still got off lightly though.....

Oh Niko I were wrong, this is another car altogether...  it is $39,995 but is is just down the road in Inverloch!

Tomorrow looks like a nice day for a drive!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2006-Porsche-Cayman-2-7L-Manual-An-Outstanding-Example-/281426867732?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item4186593614&_uhb=1

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG

Archived