WTB: Porsche 964 Black Coupe Manual

quick007

Hi all,

This is my first post on these forums :)

My name is Mario and I am looking for a Porsche 964 in black. I am after the coupe model in manual.

I am happy to organise interstate transport if needed.

Please let me know what you have via e-mail (quick007@gmail.com) or via text msg 0432682117.

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a certain PFA'er with a black 964 RS (genuine).........but I'm thinking you're budgeting for a lot less than he'd want if in fact he was prepared to sell it.

Not sure that I've ever seen another black one. Finding a good C2 manual in any colour is a challenge and you need to be prepared to jump in quickly.

Welcome Mario,

Unfortunately, I have to reiterate what the others have said above .....

Loooong queue ..... and most will sell sight unseen without a PPI ......

These are a rare and very sort after car in ANY colour ... we have seen these advertised and removed within 2 hours, bought sight unseen.....

Be prepared with cash as if you don't buy it, or aren't ready, one of the other 500 people looking for one will be ready right behind you ....

With this model, it's a case of who sees the ad first and dials the fastest ...

Good luck ..

Hate to keep being the bearer of bad news, but the odds aren't too much better .....

It does depend on your criteria ... no mods, hot rod, left hand drive, import, Aussie delivered .....

If you don't find your 964, let us know your criteria and there are heaps of guys ( & gals ) that are a wealth of information and would be happy to help.

There is a thread on here titled " why the 3.2 Carrera drought" ( or close to ). Makes for a good read through and some insight into the aircooled world in Aust.

Hey Mario,

As stated above, 964, C2, coupe and manual don't hit the market that often and when they do you need to be quick - I recently purchased mine sight unseen, no PPI from WA and that was still very challenging within hours of it hitting the market. Crazy times...............

Worthwhile contacting some local Porsche dealers and mechanics to express your interest. Being located in Sydney its worth getting in touch with these guys: http://autohaushamilton.com.au/

Best of luck! (may have to be open to other colours too! :))

There's a certain PFA'er with a black 964 RS (genuine)........

There is a black RS here in Sydney. It's the only black 964 I've ever seen!

Worthwhile contacting some local Porsche dealers and mechanics to express your interest. Being located in Sydney its worth getting in touch with these guys: http://autohaushamilton.com.au/

Exactly how I found mine 

I had not seen a black 964 until this weekend when I saw one on Saturday and another on Sunday.

Both Coupes.

I bought my 964 sight unseen within 24 hours of it being advertised too (and it is a C4 not a C2). 

Seems to be the only way to secure one these days.

Good luck with the hunt, certainly worth the wait!

If you want a 964 recommend you be patient for and actual 964. Converted impact bumper cars are quite different underneath.

The carrera 4 is a great car, and under 90℅ of driving conditions you wouldn't know the difference from a c2. Looking at c4's opens up the market a little.

Notwithstanding the above comments about being quick to buy, general good advice is to consider the condition of the car above all else (colour, mileage etc).

I have come across the one posted by TrevMcRev. I think the asking amount is fair. What do you guys think?

I have also expressed my interest with autohaushamilton in hope for one of these cars.

I am having a hard time deciding between these two:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1986/SSE-AD-2674806/?Cr=11&sdmvc=1

and

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/carss-park/cars-vans-utes/1983-porsche-911-carrera-black-coupe/1056099883

Which one would you guys pick as they are both roughly the same price?

I appreciate your help so far guys.

I thought you were after a 964? 

I cant say I'm for either of the cars above, they both fit the joyride/cowboy owner profiles and whats with the 'Advertiser' being placed randomly in the first ad? 

If your on a 50k budget and after something air cooled start looking into 'clean' SC's and be prepared to look deeper than the fresh coat of paint and shiny wheels - the real money pit can lie beneath....................

I'm with Hugh,

I personally wouldn't touch either of them ...... that's not to say they aren't for you or that are bad cars, just not for me ....

Also agree to look for a "clean" car. You may have to wait a while longer, but it will be worth it in the long run .

Is $50k your budget? Also, what do you want out of the car? Do you want a stock factory unit, or a modded racer? The more information you can give us, the easier it will be to give our opinions.

While Hugh and I wouldn't touch those cars, there a plenty of guys on here that would fight over them. It's about individual choice and preference.

I am having a hard time deciding between these two:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1986/SSE-AD-2674806/?Cr=11&sdmvc=1

and

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/carss-park/cars-vans-utes/1983-porsche-911-carrera-black-coupe/1056099883

Which one would you guys pick as they are both roughly the same price?

I appreciate your help so far guys.

I would choose a leisurely afternoon with a good book.

The 1986 looks good on the surface but putting it right could take time and money. It's also a converted car. The updated SC with the 964 kit is worth a lot less than the asking price, unless you happen to be looking for that exact thing.

For a $50k budget you are in the 3.2 targa price range, or a very nice SC coupe, or an Auto 964 with perhaps a few issues.

Archived