rate to rent a porsche for photoshoot

This would be interesting to find out. The going rate for a limo is $300, isn't it? don't know about hourly rate though. I'd make sure your insurance is right too. Depending what they want to do with it. Might need to find out specifics of photo shoot.

You could start with 3 hours of your time, plus fuel etc. or you could simply ask the photographer what they would normally pay and if that is not enough for it to be worth your time then negotiate until you both have a number that works.

In saying that if the photo shoot involves scantily clad young ladies laying all over the car , well you would want to be close to ensure no damage was done  :rolleyes:

You could start with 3 hours of your time, plus fuel etc. or you could simply ask the photographer what they would normally pay and if that is not enough for it to be worth your time then negotiate until you both have a number that works.

In saying that if the photo shoot involves scantily clad young ladies laying all over the car , well you would want to be close to ensure no damage was done :rolleyes:

I think I'd have to discount if I was in shot :(

Thx Cal...edonian

My advise is don't do it.

I did something similar with my car and the rear bumper got marked from a model puting her shoe on it.

Photographer said he would cover the $500 damages, you recon I've seen a cent. Car guys/girls get it, everyone else it's just a prop.

Never again, same goes for weddings.

I've been approached by a fashion photographer who wants to rent my 72 for three hours for a photographic shoot.

How much do I charge him?

A box of beer or a bottle of scotch. If he's not renting it to drive it and youre not going to give him a tax invoice to claim it then really youre just doing a favour arent you?

In general I agree with Fraz.

Years ago Shannons used my SP250 in a studio shoot and that "was fine" as they are car tuned people and they were super careful with all four of the cars used in the filming..

Over time I have let others have use of my vehicles for shoots and special events with mixed results and Fraz is correct non car people are just using them as props and don't give them the respect they deserve. 

The ad industry in my few dealings is a bit iffy to say the least.

They are all over you when they want something and it is all now, now, now but they are just as quick to change their minds and go in a different direction leaving you wondering WTF just happened there.

My worst nightmare was when a TR6 I owned was used along with others in the launch of a Michael Jackson LP, many years ago obviously.

Those music and beautiful people hangers on don't give a toss about anyone's property.

I drew the line when they had a couple of dolly birds with high heel sitting in the back of the TR with their bums firmly placed on the folded hood bows which of course bent them out of shape and creased the PVC windows.

All of the car people there vowed never again to help out on those sort of events.

Oh, and trying to get any repair monies, forget it they don't even remember your name let alone square up with you.

We never got any payment for the gig and the best we got out of it was a few drinks at the launch party.

Never again.Sp%20Set%20Up%201_1.jpg

Photographers go off with the pixies when on a shoot - anyone who has been married knows how they just want up to do one more stupid pose, the one more, then one more.

What's my point? Find out the plan beforehand and collect the cash on arrival. If it involves models then they will want to sit, climb and handle the car in a way that would freak you out. Fixing a dented panel costs way more than you'll get.

If it's just part of a backdrop (think movie car park scene) then you should be ok as long as you are doing the driving.

Sp%20Set%20Up%201_1.jpg

Nothing to do with the topic at hand, but me dear old mum says she went to school with Tommy Dysart and had a bit of thing for him.  I distinctly remember it being a point of conversation when the yellow pages ads were running.

• 4 months later...

And keep the sunscreen off the houndstooth.

You have no shame Chris. 100 Hail Marys for you tonight.

tazzie. My seats aren't sprayed with any protection.  What would you use to keep the houndstooth looking clean. I understand that scotchguard is really toxic.  Anything else? 

Not quite the same thing but.....last year a marketing scout approached us to use our house for a "top secret" photo shoot for a new model yet to be seen.  We agreed, quite flattered given we're in the home design & building business.

long story short, they brought a 2016 BMW 7 series from Germany with a crew of 20+ Last year before it had been seen in the flesh.  Lots of screening and security to make sure no one snapped a rogue photo.

i didn't expect to be paid but they insisted and paid their standard rate of $1,200 for the day.  Very Happy with that.  So id reckon any pro photographer should offer you decent money for your trouble.

tazzie. My seats aren't sprayed with any protection.  What would you use to keep the houndstooth looking clean. I understand that scotchguard is really toxic.  Anything else? 

I don't think there is any comment I can make about your existing modelling shots that is not going to get me into trouble...

I have always been a big scotch guard fan (until I read your post and stupidly googled 'scotch guard toxic', and now I am cowering in the corner in the foetal position). 

Google did have the following suggestion albeit the consensus appears no obvious safe natural Scotchguard substitute:

All that said, we did come across Microseal fabric protector and Vectra Spray, both of which state they contain no Fluorochemicals or PTFE Resin. Still no ingredient list to be found online, although we suppose this is a start.

I have been considering the same issue of how to protect houndstooth seats (mostly from the perceived risk of driving in blue denim jeans that may rub/leach onto the houndstooth on long drives or hot days (as opposed to your own supermodel related hazards).

Two things I am pursuing are:

(1) I brought an extra two square metres of factory houndstooth for a worst case recover of the seats

(2) I have noticed that houndstooth is a very popular fabric and is pretty cheap from a spotlight type place. I was going to make up some cushions by encasing a yoga Matt cutoff with the cheap material and tuck in the edges in like tabs to secure and eliminate the appearance of being an add on. That way they become disposable but retain the look of houndstooth. 

.......do you think Steve McQueen spent a lot of time worrying about Scotchguard toxins or sewing doilies for his Carrera? I worry what this forum is doing to me.....

Archived