911 ST Recreation

JRW121

I was getting the feeling you do this for a living so I checked out your URL; http://www.fuelbespokedesign.com/

Your website states cars completion is due this month - full disclosure of this thread being a free advertisement maybe worth noting? 

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt at this stage, but just thought I'd make mention of this to you and others that maybe subscribing to this thread. 

I was getting the feeling you do this for a living so I checked out your URL; http://www.fuelbespokedesign.com/

Your website states cars completion is due this month - full disclosure of this thread being a free advertisement maybe worth noting? 

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt at this stage, but just thought I'd make mention of this to you and others that maybe subscribing to this thread. 

Retired actually, more of a lifestyle thing.

That's still bloody quick work! It'll be ready for Spring SMT at this rate.

Hi Harv,

Yes, I was fortunate enough to retire last year from IT which gave me time to work on this project full time as the last car I built whilst working took me 3 1/2 years!

I also want to make a bit of a business out of backdating these cars, which sounded great until the prices of 964's jump significantly making it way too expensive, unless your Singer of course!!

I think the car will take me another 3-4 weeks to finish, I'm on the interior now so will keep the tread updated.

Build them, and they will come!

In all honesty, if one knows what they're doing and has the time, it doesn't take long to build a car.

We worked out that my 912 took a total of 16 days to bare metal it, do ALL the nasty dents with heat shrinking and minor rust repairs to a perfect finish, replace the floor and paint it.

Though that was over a period of 14 months in my mates spare time doing one panel per day in his garage.

It can be done

Hi Harv,

Yes, I was fortunate enough to retire last year from IT which gave me time to work on this project full time 

I'll be watching with interest.  I've often told SWMBO that when I retire she can look for me in the shed doing just this sort of thing.  She knew what she was getting in to when we met.  I was under a car changing a gearbox at the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived