Gratuitous Porsche Pics

Douglas wins the internet beer for correctly identifying the year. In '72 Porsche fitted an external filler to the oil tank (although I think Chris may have been holding back). Allegedly the design was re-called because some people were adding petrol to the oil. :o:P

Porsche Trivia ;)

In their quest for continuous improvement, Porsche engineers relocated the oil tank to between the right door and wheel for improved weight distribution for the MY1972. Allegedly abandoned for the above reasons and relocated back to behind the wheelbase for improved "Weissach Waltzes" :o:D

I don't profess to be a Porsche guru and chances of me answering any further trick questions is not great.

This is one of those freak things that stuck in my head from a couple of years ago. It was the upward lip of the bumper where it meets the grill that stuck in my mind.

It was a trick question.

Obviously a turbo, but less obviously a 991 backdate as somebody guessed. B)

No, nonsense, it's really a 964 Turbo (or 965, flying the geek flag). In my defence, there is the squiggly back of the rear wiper arm, and that particular arm was only used on 964 and 993 cars.

It was a trick question.

Obviously a turbo, but less obviously a 991 backdate as somebody guessed. B)

No, nonsense, it's really a 964 Turbo (or 965, flying the geek flag). In my defence, there is the squiggly back of the rear wiper arm, and that particular arm was only used on 964 and 993 cars.

I noticed the ripple on the arm James but have never seen it on a 993 before and had no idea a 964 turbo was a 965!

This thread is becoming quite educational.

Next...........

You worried me there, Theo...so I went back and confirmed, the rear arm is common to the 964 and 993.

They suffer when - and here, viewers of a delicate disposition are advised to look away - people put their car through a mechanical car wash <shudder> and the alloy stabiliser arm gets bent...and then snaps when the owner tries to straighten it again.

And then I get called. ;)

RearArm.png

James

I too thought I was going nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I went to my garage and had a look at the 993.........Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The squiggly rubber thingy sits under the arm.!!!!!!!!

I told you my Porsche knowledge was limited.

I can't beleive it.

Idiot

Fool.

Must remember to pay attention in class!!!!

Guest Nick987

Yes! I love it! And his sense of control ! ! He makes that car DANCE! He puts it right where her wants it by drifting! SO AWESOME. Some of those power slides up to the rumble strip are just amazing. Wish I could even do what his little finger does on the wheel!

And that engine! Aaahhhh....

Be a sad day indeed when the last of the dinosaur juice gets burned.

Guest vas930

Great vid Nick.

Walter sure looks like he is having fun.

Call me picky Vas, but why did they have to put Fuchs on that car :ph34r:

I am with you on the wheels, Doug. :wacko: