Gratuitous Porsche Pics

The sun's come out here in Sydney! And with it, we seem to have a whole heap of 964's in at Autohaus Hamilton.

By way of Porsche trivia, when Porsche released the 964, they twin-sparked the engine for more even combustion. And to twin-spark the engine, the method chosen was to drive a second dizzy off the first one by way of a small toothed belt. Early 964's suffered with broken drive belts until the Porsche engineers realised that a vent kit was required, to keep the area around the belt full of fresh air, instead of the ozone which was generated in the engine bay which was causing the belts to break.

FeelTheLove.jpg

The colour is Baltic Blue; not one that I had consciously registered before, and it is lovely. Looks slightly greyer in the metal than it does in the pic.

By way of Porsche trivia, when Porsche released the 964, they twin-sparked the engine for more even combustion. And to twin-spark the engine, the method chosen was to drive a second dizzy off the first one by way of a small toothed belt. Early 964's suffered with broken drive belts until the Porsche engineers realised that a vent kit was required, to keep the area around the belt full of fresh air, instead of the ozone which was generated in the engine bay which was causing the belts to break.

Thanks James..I like little snippets like that.

I don't have a Porsche to take pics of.. but I did used to own this thing here

Not a car for the shrinking violet :)

No shaker! :) The week before I bought it the PO did a low 14 sec quarter mile in it! So it was fast in a straight line :D

That's a quick car in the straight. Soon you will have a quick one in the twisties also!!!!!

That's a quick car in the straight. Soon you will have a quick one in the twisties also!!!!!

Yes and I'll be doing a drivers course too I think! Especially if I end up with something in the 1980s era :) It's been awhile since I've owned a fast car that doesn't have all the elec safety features.