Gratuitous Porsche Pics

Great garage.

That's an intersting car that appears just above the duck tail. Air inlets in the rear guards and mirrors I have not seen before.

The side air inlet looks to be of a 993 turbo s, unusual mirrors though which i dont believe were factory for that model

• 1 month later...

@ Douglas : Did you take this pic ? Funny to see a Belgian registered car on an Aussie forum. I assume this pic was taken in France ??

I'm pretty sure this is not the real deal ! According to the plate, this car is recently registered for the road as an oldtimer, (oldtimer plates always start with 1-O.....) If this was the real deal,...I would never leave it in a street like this. As far as I can remember, there are only 5 real 2.7 Rs's left in Belgium.

Very nice car, very well build and I like the retro colour !!

@ Douglas : Did you take this pic ? Funny to see a Belgian registered car on an Aussie forum. I assume this pic was taken in France ??

I'm pretty sure this is not the real deal ! According to the plate, this car is recently registered for the road as an oldtimer, (oldtimer plates always start with 1-O.....) If this was the real deal,...I would never leave it in a street like this. As far as I can remember, there are only 5 real 2.7 Rs's left in Belgium.

Very nice car, very well build and I like the retro colour !!

Hi PT,

Yeh I took the photo in Paris last month on a damp Saturday morning.

Even if it is not the real deal I would not leave the car out overnight in the rain. The Feb cold snap had not hit by then so no snow at that point.

G081642.jpg

This thing was sitting outside ticking quietly after a quick blast on the auto bahn.

Great to have a test track supplied by the Govt right on their doorstep eh?

It looks like a road going stealth bomber with that finish :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks fantastic, fabolous photo.

2 quick questions, how far has this been lowered (2inches?) and re the front plate how is this mounted. Mine is mounted to the bottom half of my front bumper, just under e rubber. Want to move it desperately however then left with 2 big ugly holes. How also is it mounted ie to a bracket or directly on the front apron?

Hope you can help.

Looks fantastic, fabolous photo.

2 quick questions, how far has this been lowered (2inches?) and re the front plate how is this mounted. Mine is mounted to the bottom half of my front bumper, just under e rubber. Want to move it desperately however then left with 2 big ugly holes. How also is it mounted ie to a bracket or directly on the front apron?

Hope you can help.

no idea how much lower, just wound it down till i was happy with the height. cant remember how i mounted the front plate, i'll have a look and let you know, pretty sure mounted with a bracket.

LOL!

Now this is an interesting tangent to take in the Gratuitous Porsche Pics post!

I like it, cos, you guessed it - I've got some pə-ˈtē-nə goin' on myself!

Next time I'm out for a spin, I'll get some snaps of said patina, and you can witness the evidence of a truly enjoyed and enduring piece of beautiful german surface appearance!

LOL!

Kerry

I've always had a soft spot for cars that are mechanically sound, but wear their history with pride. "New car smell" is supposed to be special; for as long as I can recall, I've liked that special old leather and vinyl plus hydrocarbons smell of old cars.

So when I saw this car when I parked this morning, it looked good in the morning light, and I wanted to post a pic of it. (This is a cross-post from the Autohaus Hamilton Facebook page.)

It took me most of the day to come up with a caption that - I think and hope - makes it clear that the photograph was taken from respect and admiration. Cars that look as-new have their place, but so do cars that own up to their age. This example has around 285,000km on the clock. Testimony to how well screwed together these cars are.

James